Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One thing page

metalsporks is offline Senior Member

One thing

Hi all!

I feel like I am on the verge between finally making the decision to do a 30 day challenge and losing motivation because there feels like there is not much more I can consume without trying it out.

So here's my question: If you could say one thing to puch someone over this precipice (sp?) what would it be? How would you motivate someone that last inch it took for them to finally Just Do It?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    What would Jesus do?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    What would Jesus do?
    Eat bread and drink wine. As for the 30 day challenge thing, I've got nothing. I'd rather see people do primal correctly than force themselves into a whole 30 they will feel bad about breaking or pig out after. Unless you are talking about a different 30 day challenge in which case I say, 'What would Jesus do?'

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Do a 90 day challenge. Looking and feeling great are good enough motivators, aren't they?
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Metalsporks, why would you not do it?

I been do'n it for 5 years..

paleo_hailey is offline Senior Member
    I like Robb Wolf's attitude. It's only 30 days. If it doesn't work, what have you lost? If it does work... think how much you have to gain!

metalsporks is offline Senior Member
    Dave: My lizard brain actually tried to come up with an answer and all it came up with was money. But that was quickly derailed by the fact that I don't currently buy my own food except specialty items like coconut things. The fact that I don't buy my own food is part of why I've put it off for so long. But the past couple of days of low-grain/legume/dairy eating has actually proven that all I have to do is load up on what IS primal instead of focusing on the extras. I've even talked with the people who buy the food and they won't be offended if I don't partake of the no-no foods or even have to make my own meal now anad again when everything is covered in grain. They expect me to anyway if need be because of my DD! So, thank you for forcing me to take a closer look at my common excuses.

paleo_hailey: That's one of my motivators is that all I'm doing is trying. All I have to do is focus on today.

canio: I'm not very religious so the comment that Grumpy Caveman gave would not motivate me (and I love the ironic truth you pointed out-no offense Grumpy) but I get your point on the go slow. I've been slowly limiting my intake to get a feel for things and just need to give myself the final push to just do it. Plus I know that if I just go for it then my withdrawl symptoms will be quick and painless long term (I recently drastically reduced my caffeine intake and went through that).

Thanks everyone for the thoughts! I'm at the point where I just need to declare it in my mind that I will try it. I'm waiting until after my bday for reasons I stated in my journal. But that means after this weekend!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34085.html

9/6/11: 390.1lbs

5/22/12: 339.4lbs

Goal: 175lbs

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    A bit of practical advice: make sure you do some prep work, i.e. go to the grocery store and really stock up on good stuff, maybe cook yourself a big pot of primal stew or something that you can keep in the fridge, etc. Basically make it easy for yourself to eat primal food instead of crappy food so you don't have to do any work to choose the good food. This is important because there WILL be plenty of moments where cooking a whole meal sounds really hard, and you will make a bad eating decision because you don't have anything tasty and healthy ready to go. The lower the barriers to making the right choice, the better. And obviously the reverse is true; if you make the bad food harder to get (mostly by not having it in the house at all, if you're willing to do that), you limit your opportunity to cheat. Good luck, hope you go for it. It's totally worth it!

cranehigh is offline Senior Member
    Self experimentation is fascinating and fun. If you're at all curious about the way your body works, this is like a gold mine. That's pretty much what got me to step off the cliff.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    don't they say say it takes 30 days to start/break a habit. I like the whole30 idea as in a way to start a healthy habit.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast