Thread: Make-ahead burgers? page

SuBee is offline Member

Make-ahead burgers?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi--I'm wondering if any of you have any advice on making and freezing hamburgers. I'd like to have some that are just quick to microwave for lunches (I know, it's not like burgers take that long, it's just that all my beef is always frozen--and if I thaw it, I can guarantee you that *that* will be the day nobody wants a burger.

Freeze them shaped but raw? Shaped and cooked? Shaped and partially cooked?

It would be simple enough to try it myself, but if someone already has a good answer, that would be great!

Susan

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    If you season them and shape them thin enough (1/2") you can cook them from raw on a hot well greased griddle.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    I always make a big batch of hamburger patties, meatballs, salisbury steaks and freeze them raw. You need a big enough freezer so you can freeze the stuff single-layer on a cookie sheet and covered with plastic wrap. Once the meat is frozen, remove from the cookie sheets and put into ziplock bags in the portions you want.

Alternatively, you can cook meatloaves, then cut into slices and freeze for lunch.

happy1 is offline Member
    I always have raw burger patties in the freezer.
    I use a hamburger press (cheapo plastic gizmo from any kitchen supply store), which uses saran wrap to individually wrap the patties. Stack 'em in the freezer, raw, then grab out however many you want for a meal. I make 1/4 pounders so they cook fairly quickly in the skillet.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
    I always have raw burger patties in the freezer.
    I use a hamburger press (cheapo plastic gizmo from any kitchen supply store), which uses saran wrap to individually wrap the patties. Stack 'em in the freezer, raw, then grab out however many you want for a meal. I make 1/4 pounders so they cook fairly quickly in the skillet.
    Yes, I do this too.Make enough to last a fortnight - I love hoe made burgers for breakfast!

SuBee is offline Member
    Thank you so much, all!