Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goldangit I'm getting to be a good cook! page

tfarny is offline Senior Member

Goldangit I'm getting to be a good cook!

Cleaning out the chest freezer in prep for getting 2/3 hog and a quarter of gf beef (grass-fed, not girlfriend!). I had a bunch of weird-shaped bony lamb parts like lamb neck, etc., and tongue in there. Threw it ALL in the crock pot for 8 hours, then made a curry of:
    3 small potatoes
    head of broccoli
    some onion
    can of coconut milk
    bunch of curry powder (can't read the label, it's marketed to people who read arabic)
    all that stewed lamb - just pulled the bones out of the meat, cleaned the "skin" off the tongue - done.
    salt, pepper, gluten-free soy sauce (tamari), 1 lime
    Boiled till the time seemed right. No recipe or real plan. Goddamn it is delicious! And I have about 4 meals worth of it.
    I'm eating white rice in moderation now - more Perfect Health Diet than Primal, I suppose, these days, with all the lifting. So 1.5 cups of basmati, and a salad of fresh mozz and local cherry tomatoes, picked some basil from the kitchen plant, pepper, olive oil, more lime juice.

Life is food. (meant to write, "life is good" but decided the typo was better).

Cheers all.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    BTW my veggie roommate was thoroughly disgusted by the bone-removing and tongue-cutting! Hilarious because the local, small scale, pastured, off-the grid meatshare lamb satisfies every one of her ethical anti-meat objections, plus is packed with amazing nutrition, plus its ridiculously good. But I digress.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    You're brave with the tongue...

I have a handful of beef marrow bones that I'm going to go experiment with. Going to put them on a pan to roast in the oven for a bit and then throw them into the crockpot with some water all day. Not sure what else yet.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Hmmm, Girlfriend Beef might not be such a bad idea.

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Hmmm, Girlfriend Beef might not be such a bad idea.
    Eat twice.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Tongue tacos are fantastic(ocassionally mind you):-)

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Man, when I started eating Primally I was a truly awful cook. I could burn water, explode eggs onto the ceiling (and actually did both!). I must toot my own horn and say that I've become quite useful in the kitchen. I made some PERFECT Asian BBQ chicken last night--restaurant quality. I smiled the whole way through dinner. Proud of m'self. ::: sniff :::
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

stewie97 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    picked some basil from the kitchen plant.
    tell me more about this kitchen plant...

rrrrrick is offline Member
    I love beef tongue but can never have it at home because of my wife and the squick factor. Prepping it and throwing it into the french oven while she's at work may help alleviate this though...

And yeah, explain your plant plz

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That sounds divine. Stewed lamb? HNGHH.
    I love how I went from spending hours on vegetarian recipes, finding all the ingredients, dirtying a million pans and utensils and then feeling monumentally tired after eating to just throwing shit in a pan and feeling great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast