Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: California Bill Taking Away Parental Freedoms regarding Vaccines--ACT NOW page

FairyRae is offline Senior Member

California Bill Taking Away Parental Freedoms regarding Vaccines--ACT NOW

Primal Fuel
    No matter where you stand on the vaccine issue, if you care about parental choice/consent, please take action this weekend to help veto this. (Certainly NOT trying to start a vaccine debate here! I just would never want my child to be getting shots at school without my knowing!!)

Request Veto of AB499 To Stop Coerced Vaccination of Minor Children Without Parental Consent
    URGENT ACTION ALERT

HELP STOP COERCED VACCINATION OF CHILDREN BEHIND THE BACKS OF THEIR PARENTS
    It is hard to believe, but the California Legislature has done the unthinkable, and we need just 5 minutes of your time this holiday weekend to help stop it.

California just passed a bill into law, AB499 , which permits minor children as young as 12 years old, to be vaccinated with sexually transmitted disease vaccines without parental knowledge or parental consent.

The only way to stop this incredible erosion of the rights of parents to be in control over what vaccine risks their child will take is if the Governor of California, Governor Jerry Brown, WILL VETO AB499.
    We are asking EVERYONE to please ASK Governor Brown to VETO AB499.
    (See more details at the link.)

Sorry its off topic, I just feel like the PB Nutrition forum is the most visited and wanted lots of folks to see this...
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Parents should always be notified of the vaccination process.

That being said, to my mind it would be perfectly acceptable to deny a child access to public schools on the basis that they are un-vaccinated. There is a reason that measles has re-appeared in North America.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhc View Post
    Parents should always be notified of the vaccination process.

That being said, to my mind it would be perfectly acceptable to deny a child access to public schools on the basis that they are un-vaccinated. There is a reason that measles has re-appeared in North America.
    This is true, but there is a difference between measles and VD when it comes to methods of communicability. We're not talking about diseases that can be transmitted through the air.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    It's news to me that vaccinations aren't exclusively done at your own Dr's office. Although in agreement with the above this is hard to fathom.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    It's a public health issue. Some parents have a problem with getting their kids vaccinated against a virus that is sexually transmitted, but I for one would rather have fewer women dying of cervical cancer if that's an option.

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    I keep hearing the vaccine doesn't last that long... As a woman now 40, without HPV... I take issue with assuming that children will get it... I especially take issue with a school deciding if my child needs it or not. They can barely teach now a days... Not comfy with their medical backgrounds.

Greggers069 is offline Member
    I don't believe one vaccine is worse than another, but, I do believe mixing four or five of them can cause harm.. Since they have been doing so, autism has skyrocketed and as a parent it is my right to know and make the decision if I want my child to have these vaccines.. And it is rumored that some have mercury in them.. I cannot prove it, but, some doctor told me this..

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    The CA legislature is notorious for passing dumb bills. I happen to agree with this bill. Read
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    You can email the Governor Brown directly here: Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. - Contact Be sure to add the phrase "VETO AB499" in your email response.

Like I said before, whether one is for or against vaccines is really not the issue. If you feel parents should be notified and/or give consent before their child is vaccinated at school, please do take action. If this is passed in one state it may not be long before it is passed in others. I personally do not want my choice and awareness as a parent to be taken away. If shots can be given to your child at school without you knowing, what is next?

I would personally prefer to have a school tell me my child could not attend w/out xyz vaccines before having them vaccinate my child without telling me.
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Lmans77 is offline Member
    First off, I am very pro vaccination, with 2 fully vaxed kids. However, I would fight tooth and nail against this one.
    I am not an anti-government type, but this truly is scary if this is the case. Vaccination of my kid without my consent. Where does it end?

And Gardisil is not the cervical cancer cure-all. And this is coming from someone who has had multiple abnormal paps, HPV, cyrotherapy, etc. There are some real risks to Gardisil. Just read. Also this is a STD, not a communicable disease that spreads through the air. And they are pushing it on our daughters...why not vaccinate our sons too so they don't pass it to the girls? I mean let's all me responsible for wiping out cervical cancer.

Plus, with routine paps and early intervention, cervical cancer is very treatable. Yes, it can be deadly. But how about a little personal responsiblity for our own health care?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast