Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: California Bill Taking Away Parental Freedoms regarding Vaccines--ACT NOW page 9

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficarum View Post
    +1 thread... im glad someone else sees the irony of a forum dedicated to questioning conventional wisdom being divided on an issue of trusting conventional wisdom or questioning the motives of corporate greed.
    I was coming on again to post the exact same thing LOL!

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hoo boy! I'm done with this thread. There is no point in arguing with willful ignorance.

Paleobird, over and out.
    Don't feel too bad about it. Every single lifestyle forum has antivax nutcases. There's a always a brutal Darwinian solution to their willfull stupidity like the measles epidemic in the UK a few years back to bring vaccination rates back up.

It's just a shame that it's the kids who have to suffer instead of the adults.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Don't feel too bad about it. Every single lifestyle forum has antivax nutcases. There's a always a brutal Darwinian solution to their willfull stupidity like the measles epidemic in the UK a few years back to bring vaccination rates back up.

This is not merely an anti-vax/pro-vax issue IMO. Multiple posters who have stated they are pro vaccination and have fully vaccinated their children are also concerned about the impact of this bill. It is an issue of parental consent and awareness of invasive preventative medical treatments. Clearly there are many sides to this issue, but it is not as simple as being for or against vaccines.
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    This is not merely an anti-vax/pro-vax issue IMO. Multiple posters who have stated they are pro vaccination and have fully vaccinated their children are also concerned about the impact of this bill. It is an issue of parental consent and awareness of invasive preventative medical treatments. Clearly there are many sides to this issue, but it is not as simple as being for or against vaccines.
    Yeah I know and of course my comment is not directed at them.

Maleficarum is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post

just curious, but how is your "willful stupidity" working out for you... in regards to nutrition? does going against conventional wisdom work for you? or are you just here to educate all of us about how the government and corporations have our ignorant, best interests at heart?

i will never understand the venom and spite that the vac/anti-vac issue creates in a community. Especially telling is how quickly those who do vaccinate chose to attack those who do not. if your vaccines worked how they are supposed to then your children should have nothing to fear from those who are not vaccinated. where does this fear come from... and why do those who chose not to vaccinate have a greater sense of peace and even calm about the same issue?

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    Yeah, scarlet fever is totally harmless. Especially when an unvaccinated seven-year-old contracts it, goes to the doctor, and spreads it to the three-month-old infant in the waiting room.
    I also see this as being irresponsible, but not because the parents didn't vaccinate their child. Vaccinated children have a risk of contracting diseases, too. Regardless of whether a person is vaccinated or not, it is their responsibility to let the doctor's office know their symptoms ahead of time and it is then the responsibility of the doctor's office to make sure the patient isn't in contact with other patients. When my child had two wounds oozing pus on her leg, they told us not to come in through the front door because we could risk getting any small children or pregnant women in the waiting room infected. (And it turned out to just be infected bug bites from scratching too much, btw. )
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=RitaRose;557948]I would love to see long-term studies on girls who have gotten the vaccine back when it was first offered, and see if there have been any effects over that time. I'm not saying the bad outweighs the good in this case. I honestly don't know, and I don't think there is enough information out there yet to make a truly informed decision, at least when it comes to mandating its use. Thalidomide looked like a great idea in the beginning too, and we all know how that went horribly wrong.

What would you like to know. I had the vaccine when it was first offered as did everyone else I know who was under 25 at the time (it was free). There were no side effects when I had it and there are none now. No one else I know has had any reactions either. Here in Australia it is offered as part of our routine school vaccination program. You can be a conscientious objector if you wish.

Obviously it's a small sample size.
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    Yeah, scarlet fever is totally harmless. Especially when an unvaccinated seven-year-old contracts it, goes to the doctor, and spreads it to the three-month-old infant in the waiting room.
    There is no scarlet fever vaccine. Scarlet fever is caused by a the same bacteria as strep throat and is cured with antibiotics.
    ~Sandy

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasey View Post
    What would you like to know. I had the vaccine when it was first offered as did everyone else I know who was under 25 at the time (it was free). There were no side effects when I had it and there are none now. No one else I know has had any reactions either. Here in Australia it is offered as part of our routine school vaccination program. You can be a conscientious objector if you wish.

Obviously it's a small sample size.
    Glad it worked for you. It probably works fine for most people. That doesn't mean there isn't a definite down side for others, and it's not the school's decision as to whether the risk is worth it or not for someone's child. Until it has been proven to be both necessary and effective for the overwhelming majority of the population, it shouldn't be offered to children without their parents' expressed desire to have them vaccinated, and never without their knowledge and permission.

Again, I'm not against vaccines. Both my kids were fully vaccinated, but I would not have given them this one. And I absolutely would have flipped if they had given my kids any vaccines without my knowledge or permission. I'M the one that has to deal with any side effects or lingering issues, not the school district.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789