Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: California Bill Taking Away Parental Freedoms regarding Vaccines--ACT NOW page 3

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Vaccines do have mercury in them, though child vaccines are supposed to have most of it removed. My wife has severe allergies to the Thimerasol, which is the preservative with the mercury in it. She also reacts to formaldehyde, which is a known carcinogen, also found in pretty much every vaccine. Her father had similar chemical allergies to various things, so we are going to have to be extra careful with our kids and vaccinations. There are valid medical reasons for refusing them.
    Yes, which is why people who choose not to vaccinate their kids are being extremely selfish. There ARE people who legitimately can't be vaccinated and those people are reliant on herd immunity to avoid getting sick. When you ignorantly choose not to vaccinate your children you are lowering herd immunity and putting other, vulnerable people in the community at risk (e.g. people with leukemia, transplant patients.) It's especially bad considering a lot of these childhood diseases are much, much worse if you contract them in adulthood. Your kid might not get that sick from measles or chickenpox, but they can pass the disease to someone else who will become extremely ill.

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    It's a public health issue. Some parents have a problem with getting their kids vaccinated against a virus that is sexually transmitted, but I for one would rather have fewer women dying of cervical cancer if that's an option.
    Too bad it's not a cervical cancer vaccine. Oh, and the vaccine has killed several young women/girls. Also, condoms are the best way to prevent STIs.
    ~Sandy

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marqueemoon View Post
    Yes, which is why people who choose not to vaccinate their kids are being extremely selfish. There ARE people who legitimately can't be vaccinated and those people are reliant on herd immunity to avoid getting sick. When you ignorantly choose not to vaccinate your children you are lowering herd immunity and putting other, vulnerable people in the community at risk (e.g. people with leukemia, transplant patients.) It's especially bad considering a lot of these childhood diseases are much, much worse if you contract them in adulthood. Your kid might not get that sick from measles or chickenpox, but they can pass the disease to someone else who will become extremely ill.
    This argument has no basis in fact. IF those magical vaccines work, then the vaccinated children/adults are not in danger from unvaccinated children. Forgive me for refusing to pump my children full of chemicals to avoid normal, mostly harmless childhood diseases. Every one of us probably had chicken pox and lived to tell the tale. Now, chicken pox is one of the diseases that they have a vaccine for, never mind the fact that it only provides up to 10 years of immunity, not lifetime immunity like the actual disease. There is also a HUGE increase in young people getting shingles since CP vaccination has been widespread. Depending on our age, most of our parents probably had measles and mumps. Most of the vaccines they call "life-saving" are for diseases that are less risky than the actual vaccine. Tetanus is pretty much non-existent where good hygiene is practiced. In the last 30 years, the number of vaccines has almost quadrupled. That is literally hundreds of chemicals being injected into a child's body. Babies are given up to SIX shots at time. Each of those shots contains 2-3 different vaccines. We are vaccinating babies for things like Hep B even though babies are rarely sexually active, nor do they often engage in IV drug abuse.

Commercials call Gardasil a "cervical cancer vaccine" which is a lie. It's an HPV vaccine. HPV causes SOME forms of cervical cancer. This is dangerous. It gives Gardasil recipients a false sense of security. They are less likely to get yearly pap tests and practice safer sex because they have had the "cervical cancer vaccine".
    ~Sandy

Maleficarum is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marqueemoon View Post
    "ignorantly choose not to vaccinate your children" Really? insults? this is probably the one major topic on this forum that causes the biggest crap-storm. I put no faith in the myth/illusion/propaganda of herd immunity. The science does not exist to back up your claims. Historically... vaccines have "removed" one disease from humanity... small pox... realistically... no other vaccine has proven successful.

Score one for science... score billions for viruses.

Live primally, eat well, get lots of sunlight, teach your kids to respect themselves and not trust the government to do their thinking for them. Im not a herd animal... i am not a sheep... i am an individual who is part of a larger community who will live/die/succeed/fail through my own contribution to my rather small tribe.

throwing around insults to my intelligence because i trust in eons of biology to protect my children better than less than 200 years of failed human science is not appropriate to this forum.

davem is offline Senior Member
    First some housekeeping: link for jfreaksho

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    Do you mean only if the parents are pro-vaccines?
    No. Interesting leap.

As a parent I personally would much prefer this to having my child receive vaccinations without my knowing or consent. FWIW, I live in NYS where it is quite a difficult and complex process to send a selectively or unvaccinated child to public school. Homeschooling is an option many families choose, in part, because of the vaccination issue. I just do not want my child getting invasive preventative medical treatment without my knowledge. (Emergency medical treatment in an accident or life threatening situation is completely different and something I would be all for. But in terms of prevention, I want awareness and consent.)
    I think that works, however I think there should also be strict limits on homeschooling, and it should be heavily structured. In my opinion, it would require a terminus degree in *a* field, as well as certification and yearly re-certification where the hometeacher demonstrates their ability to teach coursework at a level of quality at least equitable to that which is required in the public system. I've met way too many undereducated homeschoolers.

Additionally, I feel that a parent who doesn't vaccinate a child against something, which the child then contracts should forfeit their right to insurance coverage, and additionally should also be financially responsible for the care of anyone else their unvaccinated child makes sick, which is something I hoped to see up here in Mass with some MMR issues, but never came down the pike.

If someone wants to put on the adult pants and make the stand that they are responsibly and conscientiously turning down a vaccine, they should also maintain that same level of responsibility if negative things happen such as their decision harming a large group of people, and straining various regional resources.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    regardless of how a person feels about vaccines in general, the issue here is one of children getting medical treatment without parental consent. i am 100% in favor of teens having access to condoms and information about safe sex without parental consent. if my kids felt too afraid to talk to me about safe sex, i would hope that they would have access to resources like those. however, we are talking about medical treatments being administered by personnel who have no knowledge of the patient's medical history or allergies. as pointed out by rosegin, children have died because of this vaccine, and there's no proof that it's actually effective at preventing cervical cancer. i would never allow my daughter to get this particular vaccine, even if she was sexually active.

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficarum View Post
    "ignorantly choose not to vaccinate your children" Really? insults? this is probably the one major topic on this forum that causes the biggest crap-storm. I put no faith in the myth/illusion/propaganda of herd immunity. The science does not exist to back up your claims. Historically... vaccines have "removed" one disease from humanity... small pox... realistically... no other vaccine has proven successful.
    You need to thank Jonas Salk.

Polio
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    These aren't kids, they're teenagers. Yes, vaccine-away with the teenager's consent -- at a certain age, mom and dad start to lose their say.

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    MMR Causes Autism – Another Win In US Federal Court ________________Child Health Safety_________________ - The gov't has clearly admitted they KNOW that vaccines can have serious brain damaging side effects.

National Vaccine Information Center Archives - This article talks about how some of us are just perhaps ticking time bombs waiting to have a vaccine set us off... This would be my opinion about myself and 3 other family members...

A school nurse is not educated enough on our medical history to make an educated decision as to whether or not MY CHILD should be vaccinated.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    1. Refuse to get it on religious grounds. 1st Amendment trumps Cali law.

2. Don't put your kids in public schools

3. Don't breed

That said, I find it rather objectionable if they can do it without parental consent/notification. If they make it a requirement for attendance that is different. Of course, I think only those in attendance should pay for public schools, but yeah, whatever.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast