Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whole Foods - Shopping List Ideas page

tidmutt is offline Senior Member

Whole Foods - Shopping List Ideas

Primal Fuel
    Hi All,

My wife suggested a trip to Whole Foods this evening. I've generally managed to find what I need from local super markets and online so this is my first trip to Whole Foods while being Primal. I'd like to pick up some Grass Fed beef, some green tea and maybe some Coconut Manna. Any other ideas? What would you guys add to your Whole Foods shopping list?

Thanks.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Grass fed ground beef on sale today only $4.99/lb.

Green and Black organic chocolate on sale, $2.50/bar.

Coconut manna is in 2 different places, the Nutiva is in the baking section and is somewhat cheaper than the Artisana that's in w/ the Asian stuff.

The wild salmon mentioned by Mark last month @ $8.99/lb for one day did come back again a couple of weeks ago and will probably reappear while the salmon are still running.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Grass fed ground beef on sale today only $4.99/lb.

Green and Black organic chocolate on sale, $2.50/bar.

Coconut manna is in 2 different places, the Nutiva is in the baking section and is somewhat cheaper than the Artisana that's in w/ the Asian stuff.

The wild salmon mentioned by Mark last month @ $8.99/lb for one day did come back again a couple of weeks ago and will probably reappear while the salmon are still running.
    Awesome! Thanks, didn't expect the info on the deals, my wife will love that!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Fairychilde is offline Senior Member
    Nutiva coconut oil, Artsiana almond butter, Kerrygold butter, Fage total greek yogurt organic berries, organic avocados.
    Jaime, wife to Phaedrus and primal mama to A (4) and X (1).

AthenaKTM is offline Junior Member
    If you're adventurous, ask if they have any wild salmon collars. You can broil them, they're delicious, and at our Whole Foods, only 99 cents/pound!

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaKTM View Post
    If you're adventurous, ask if they have any wild salmon collars. You can broil them, they're delicious, and at our Whole Foods, only 99 cents/pound!
    I'm not sure if I'm that adventurous yet... I need to work on that.

So shopping trip was a success. Picked up a couple of pounds of grass fed ground beef, some nutvia coconut manna (thanks IvyBlue, awesome info), a couple of pounds of grass fed skirt steak (yum), coconut milk, stevia, thick cut applegate bacon and applegate chicken and turkey and feta sausages. Yum.

d3monic is offline Junior Member
    coconut butter, swordfish steaks, raw honey, ugh...so hard to narrow anthing down. Its like disney land for people who love food.....
    "The only thing they can get me for is running a cemetary without a license"-Gacy

paleo_hailey is offline Senior Member
    See if you can find tonix coconut water kefir. I've started seeing it in most WF here in Los Angeles... it honestly tastes like a liquid salt and vinegar chip. (If that doesn't sound like heaven to you, we don't need to be friends.)

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    What is a salmon collar? I'll eat just about anything healthy for a dollar a pound.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    What is a salmon collar? I'll eat just about anything healthy for a dollar a pound.
    Its the "cheek" of the salmon. Essentially right behind the head.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast