Thread: Recommitting; you are my accountability partner! page

She78 is offline Junior Member

Recommitting; you are my accountability partner!

Primal Fuel
    Hi all. I went primal in the beginning of February. I was seeing amazing results- lost 18lbs, was only about 4 away from my goal, feeling great, and free of the kill-yourself-cardio workouts. BUT, I fell off the wagon. We had a major transition with moving to a new state, and somewhere in there I just decided to slip a bit and allow myself to "enjoy" cookies, ice cream, cake, etc a little more than I should. It will come as no surprise that, although I've been pretty active with regular walks and biking, I've gained back 7lbs. Plus, I'm not thrilled that I essentially taught my kids (who are 3 and 17-mos) that the stuff I said wasn't really ok before was suddenly ok again.

Last night I decided it was time for a recommitment to primal. I know I can do this, as I made a choice to do so in the past and it was also my choice to fall off the wagon. I just figured I may as well get it out there in concrete form so that all of you Groks/Grokettes will help keep me in line! Thanks!

Sheila

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Good luck to you Sheila. We're all here to support:-) Grok On!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Power to ya! Remember to load on the most delicious and favorite primal fare as you dive back in.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

She78 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the support. I do have one question, actually. When I first went primal, I didn't cut out dairy or really even limit it. But my hubby's been suggesting that it might be worthwhile for me to just go all-in and see what happens if I cut dairy at first and then add it back later. It is not uncommon for me to have some cream in my coffee or, if I have breakfast, some cottage cheese or greek yogurt. Any input?

dado Guest
    remember not to play with your kids' minds like that; let that be your greatest motivator.

kids benefit most when given a clear and logical direction. changing directions, confusing the child, leads to problems later on.

congrats on the return, stay on it and GO HARD OR GO HOME!

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by She78 View Post
    Thanks for the support. I do have one question, actually. When I first went primal, I didn't cut out dairy or really even limit it. But my hubby's been suggesting that it might be worthwhile for me to just go all-in and see what happens if I cut dairy at first and then add it back later. It is not uncommon for me to have some cream in my coffee or, if I have breakfast, some cottage cheese or greek yogurt. Any input?
    Depending on how your body fares with dairy. I (personall) don't go too crazy on dairy.. maybe some cheese on my eggs here, and a bit of heavy whipping cream in my coffee there. If you really want to see if your body can tolerate it or not.. sure take it out. But if you were losing weight just fine while consuming dairy, why take it out?

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Gotta agree with croi on that. Heavy cream in my coffee, and cheese(raw or goats) in the eggs, and raw milk. If you don't have any gut issues or weight gains with it, enjoy it. The grey area for dairy is generally if you can tolerate it, no problem. Stay away from the JUNK! There are NO benefits from eating them...Eat clean, and you will thank yourself for it. Grok On!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Did you drop the dairy? Did it clear you sinuses if you did?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html