Thread: Grok with a cold? page

dulas is offline Junior Member

Grok with a cold?

Got a cold/sinus issue right now. Made me ask the question: How would Grok have treated a cold?

He couldn't stop doing the things he needed to do, but some how he would need to deal with it. Maybe we're all just soft weenies now and he would have just toughed it out. Who knows? Anybody got any input?

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    bet you he fasted. whenever i felt a cold coming on, i would fast for 24hrs and it helped. either i felt just mild symptoms or no symptoms at all.

dado Guest
    grok would have barely noticed it and kept going hard or else he is food for big mammal

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Probably just slept. And maybe certain herbs.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, many hours of sleep = fasting by virtue of unconsciousness. That gives the immune system a boost and POW - beat down on the bug! A little extra water is fine, but if it keeps waking you up to pee, cut back.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

actually, bet you it was very rare he even got a cold. he ate well and exercised and the people around him ate well and exercised too.

dulas is offline Junior Member
    JoPaleo, that's the conclusion I came to as well. Plus, he was well adapted to his environment, so in the absence of new viruses/bacteria his immune system was already adapted to fighting the contagions in his home territory.

Thanks y'all. Took the day off work, so I got the rest thing down and I've been fasting for most of the day the last two days (1 meal a day). I figure if I'm not hungry then why eat?
    Last edited by dulas; 09-02-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    Also colds/flu like we get now are largely an inheritance of our agrarian, city dwelling ways. It's hard for bug to survive long term in small groups, where immunity would quickly either build up, or it would kill off it's hosts. Those conditions didn't change until we started living in cities with large enough groups for a virus to spread constantly to new, un-immune people.

Also, our paleo environment didn't contain a lot of surfaces where viruses could hand out and wait for someone else to infect. Grok didn't touch a lot of doorknobs, telephones, and service counters. His environment was exposed to constant UV rays as well, which is one of the best disinfectants around.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Yep, wild animals in wild environments rarely get sick from airborne pathogens. Just not a lot of opportunity for bugs to spread in small, low-density populations.

But if he did get a cold or other infection, his immune system was probably pretty damn robust, and he probably took a nap and sat around for a while until he felt better. Just like we do.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dulas View Post
    JoPaleo, that's the conclusion I came to as well. Plus, he was well adapted to his environment, so in the absence of new viruses/bacteria his immune system was already adapted to fighting the contagions in his home territory.

Thanks y'all. Took the day off work, so I got the rest thing down and I've been fasting for most of the day the last two days (1 meal a day). I figure if I'm not hungry then why eat?
    Good plan. Get well soon.