Thread: Hot Yoga and Adrenal Fatigue page

livinlite is offline Senior Member

Hot Yoga and Adrenal Fatigue

Primal Fuel
    Any thoughts on whether a relatively intense Hot Yoga/Bikram practice in the evening would be counter-productive for someone trying to work on Adrenal Fatigue issues?

I feel good after the classes and am not overly sore the next day or tired from them, but I'm concerned they may "take too much out of me" when I'm trying to rebuild.

I'm on the Leptin Reset and Adrenal Fatigue protocols...just can't figure out how much exercise is too much at this point.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    I tried Bikram when first dealing with Adrenal issues, and it set me back. My first session was great, although I needed a 2 hour nap that afternoon. My second session almost landed me in the hospital. I continued to treat my adrenals with the Standard Process protocol. When I felt considerably better, I started Sumits Hot Yoga, and I love it.

Listen to your body. If it is not causing exhaustion or stress, I would imagine you are okay. Of course, I am no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    I tried Bikram when first dealing with Adrenal issues, and it set me back. My first session was great, although I needed a 2 hour nap that afternoon. My second session almost landed me in the hospital. I continued to treat my adrenals with the Standard Process protocol. When I felt considerably better, I started Sumits Hot Yoga, and I love it.

Listen to your body. If it is not causing exhaustion or stress, I would imagine you are okay. Of course, I am no expert.
    Thanks for the tip. What is the "Standard Process" protocol?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I would recommend finding an anusara class, which will be differently paced and not in heat.

i do not recommend hot yogas for my clients with AF, among other related issues.

Thanks Zoe. I go to Yoga Arts in Seattle, which is an Anusara studio based on John Friend's teachings. The Hot Yoga was just to try a studio that's across the street from me. I have to fight traffic to get to the Seattle one, but it looks like that's my best option for now.