Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread for those TTC page 5

Shawnamarie is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Animalcule, how much starch or primal carbs would you say you eat these days? I don't eat VLC but am somewhat low carb. I wonder how I would do with more, but I get confused when people start talking about eating starch away from fat, with protein, etc.

Sherissima, good luck with IVF! I'll be curious to hear how it goes for you.

jkmorvay is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone!
    My husband and I just started ttc in July. I'm 26 and he's 28, so we are lucky and have some time. However, since I'm a teacher and don't want to be on maternity leave at the beginning of a school year, it's basically this month, next month, or pausing and starting again in March-ish. I have extremely irregular cycles, and I've been peeing on sticks and tracking temperature, etc. I'm hoping that going primal will help my health and my future child's health. Nice to meet all of you!

Rose is offline Member
    Good luck ladies. Thinking positive for your all. My period is due this week so fingers crossed.

Shawnamarie is offline Member
    Fingers crossed, Rose.

Welcome, jkmorvay! I sympathize with your situation. I am in grad school right now, graduating in June, and going into teaching. I thought about trying to time conception with the school calendar so I can at least teach my first year out of school, but I figure that at my age (34) it might be a good idea to prioritize baby-making over job-getting and try for a baby sooner than later.

I have yet another question for y'all. Do you take a prenatal? My ND recommended one which I tried, but it has iron in it and has come uncomfortable effects on my digestion. I'd like to find one without iron.

Thanks!

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    I don't currently take a prenatal. I have read conflicting information regarding them; some say you need them, some say you don't. I am currently working on various issues so am taking specific supplements to correlate with them. I think once I'm fully 'healed' I won't need a multi because I'll have fixed my body and have plenty of stored nutrients. That's the idea, anyhow.
    The only thing I plan to continue taking once pregnant are my daily cod liver oil+high vitamin butter capsules.

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    I hope that everyone has been doing well!

LisaLS, how are you doing? I've been thinking about you.

Sherissima, good luck with the IVF. I think being excited and positive is good. It can be a bit overwhelming during the shots, and then the two week wait. Please be sure to pamper yourself a bit these next couple of weeks.

Jkmorray, welcome!

Rose, my fingers are crossed for you!

Heather, the prenatal question is an interesting one. I go to a whole food nutritionist who is a PB advocate. She analyzed my diet, which is mostly Whole30 with a few deviations. She recommended that I do take prenatals because there are so many nutrients one needs every day. It means, of course, that one still eats the very best one can too, but (at least she argued) provides that extra insurance. I suppose in one way, ladies, we're lucky: when you're TTC, you are conscious about your nutrition in a way you might not be if the pregnancy was unplanned. The one that she has me on is called Thorne Basic Prenatal. She also has me on probiotics and increased my vitamin D and omega 3. I started this last week and I have to tell you I have slept like a log. I'm not exactly sure why, but lately (the last couple years) I have not slept deeply at all. I wonder if there is something that I was lacking that was affecting my sleep. My period is supposed to start soon (probably today) and usually the night before I toss and turn and get very hot. Didn't happen at all.

Also, I did find some downloadable meditation tapes specifically for those TTC, including TTC through IVF. I haven't listened to them myself, but they do seem to be recommended highly by others on a TTC forum I sometimes visit. Here's the link. Anji Inc. - Balancing Mind || Body || Spirit to Boost Natural Fertility I'm going to purchase one and will report back.

It looks like they also have the meditations on CD as well.

Have a great week!!

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    I don't currently take a prenatal. I have read conflicting information regarding them; some say you need them, some say you don't. I am currently working on various issues so am taking specific supplements to correlate with them. I think once I'm fully 'healed' I won't need a multi because I'll have fixed my body and have plenty of stored nutrients. That's the idea, anyhow.
    The only thing I plan to continue taking once pregnant are my daily cod liver oil+high vitamin butter capsules.
    Same here, although in addition to the CLO/BO I am also taking a separate vitamin D supplement, and plan to start a Vitamin K supplement soon too. I also take probiotics daily, hoping to wean off them and onto more probiotic foods (kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut, pickles, yogurt) at some point. Right now I need both supplements and foods though.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to remind everyone to get their Vitamin D level tested and supplement (and/or sunbathe!) until your levels are between 50-80 ng/ml.

Sufficient Vitamin D is essential for hormonal balance and you want to make sure your levels are good while you are pregnant, anyway!

Here's an article--I can't seem to track down the original study cited:
    Vitamin D can aid fertility - Telegraph

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    Second that Vitamin D! Mine was low when I tested (29) and I have upped my levels significantly with supplements. A bonus: I used to have a lot of tooth pain, and I've noticed that has disappeared!

For those of you not taking prenatals, do you take folate? If not, what foods and what amounts do you take to insure that you have enough?

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    TBH I don't take prenatals because atm it would just be one more tablet to take and I hate taking tablets!

Right now, I take CLO+hi vit butter capsules, probiotics, a B-complex, magnesium, and finally phenylalanine & tyrosine for adrenal fatigue and endorphin depletion.

Hot damn, that's a lot of pills. Once I'm feeling more balanced and restored, I want to ditch the amino acids, probiotics, and B-complex, and focus on upping my iron levels (for my chronic anaemia), Vit D, and still take magnesium & CLO/butter. I know I could take everything at once but I just feel like it's overwhelming to my body and I'd rather make safe, gradual changes instead of overloading on supplements.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast