Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: A thread for those TTC page 32

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone! Its a new month, how are y'all doing?
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    My IVF has worked!

This is the second cycle, and we got much better quality embryos this time. I'm crediting the better nutrition. I'm also seriously suspicious of gluten now, as this coincides with a period of strict gluten-free for me.

Scan next week to check it's not ectopic or anything.

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoCowgirl View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Heather! I really appreciate it and congrats to you on your pregnancy! I hope it's going well.

So, to clarify, you would just insert the EPO capsule vaginally? And, it would dissolve? Sorry, if that seems obvious.... Also, did you take a Vitamin E and A supplement at all? I'm taking B Complex, D, Omega 3, C, K....and then a couple to support my thyroid. Thoughts?

Thanks again!
    Sorry PaleoCowgirl!! I check the forum very infrequently and have just seen your question. Before inserting the EPO capsule, I make a small snip in the top with scissors to allow the oil to flow out once placed inside. It will come out on its own, or you can sort of insert then squeeze. Just make sure you will be laying down for awhile afterward or it will all come out (which is why before bed is the easiest time, usually). The actual capsule either dissolves, or I just never noticed it coming back out? Haha. I didn't take any E or A supplements, I took my usual fermented cod liver oil and butter oil blend, and also vitamin D and a combined iron/B vitamin liquid supplement because I was deficient in those (got bloods done by my GP to verify this).

I don't like taking lots of supplements, so I only took what I thought was strictly necessary. IMO I would eliminate your vit K and omega 3 and take fermented cod liver oil instead as it contains both of those naturally, plus it has A and D. Ultimately though, it's down to you and how you're feeling. I tried to limit my supplement consumption to 4 or less at a time, because that's what I felt best doing. Have you noticed any changes since your reply?

Congrats orielwen!! Thats fantastic news. Hope baby is healthy and strong and pregnancy isn't too rough for you

Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    My IVF has worked!

This is the second cycle, and we got much better quality embryos this time. I'm crediting the better nutrition. I'm also seriously suspicious of gluten now, as this coincides with a period of strict gluten-free for me.

Scan next week to check it's not ectopic or anything.
    YAY!!!! Congrats!!!

I haven't been on the forum much but I thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing.
    So far I'm 8 weeks along and have my fingers and toes and eyeballs crossed that everything is going ok. I feel more pregnant this time around (if that makes sense) so here's hoping!!

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Kaylee, i hope you're feeling well.

Please can i join in this thread? Over the next 2-3 months i'm weaning myself off medication i can't take whilst pregnant and then we're hoping to TTC. Now that i'm reducing my meds i feel like this could actually happen one day!

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    So this thread is old, but I wanted to add an update.

We are at about 4 years of trying, 4 rounds of IUI this last year, one of them resulting in a chemical pregnancy. I was having some issues with progesterone levels and inconsistent cycles, plus at 38 we are concerned my ovarian reserve can dip at any time. Hubby has poor morphology (shape). For him, even with a bunch of supplements, habit changes, stress reduction, and some diet changes (he refuses to go fully prima/paleo), over the course of a year it had worsened rather then got better (his counts and motility improved so we were heading the right way, but no change on the morphology). So we decided IVF was our next step.

SO, we set ourselves up to start IVF cycle this month. I have thousands of dollars of meds in the fridge, fun fun.

We added puppy to the family to take a bit of a mental break, went out of town to visit family.

And then my cycle ran late.
    And then I started to feel really bad.
    So decided to test just in case..... and it was positive!

Had a 6 week 3 day u/s yesterday, saw the heartbeat, everything looks....normal.

So, I suppose I am pregnant, lol. Everything is going as it should. I feel super exhausted, stomach is 'meh', but not terrible yet.

Hopefully things continue as they should.

So to all those out there, keep truckin!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132