09-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Congrats to all pregnant ladies! And everyone who is trying, good luck <3
Since someone asked, Here is my update: I'm nearly 18 weeks, our 12 week scan was great, and all tests so far have been great too. Our 20 week scan is in 2 weeks, when we find out the sex! I was nauseated and vomiting up until last week!! My diet took a nosedive for awhile, with how limited my food tolerances became, but I'm back to normal almost. Lots of fruit and veggies, eggs, some meat. I've only gained 2.5lbs so far which I am very pleased with.
How is everyone else?
09-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Expecting to start another round of IVF next month (as in, starting the hormonal suppressants). I'm not holding out much hope of getting pregnant naturally before then, though a scan last month showed that my ovarian cyst is coming down.
09-25-2012, 05:54 PM
I am waiting for Aunt Flo to arrive so we can start tracking. Fingers crossed for this round.
10-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Just thought I'd check in with all you lovely ladies and see how you were doing.
10-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Well, shortly after the miscarriage I ovulated and we got lucky. o_o It was one of those situations where I knew I was ovulating, but I was like, "Eh...at my age, what are the chances?" FAMOUS LAST WORDS.
Long story short, we've started the second trimester, we know it's a girl, we know she's doing well, we have our fingers crossed that it continues that way.
How are you?
10-22-2012, 04:51 PM
So far no luck but I kinda think its due more to hubby traveling more for business and being gone at certain times rather than any problems. Damn him and his job-that-pays-for-all-this-bacon-I'm-hoarding!
Ohhhh I am so excited for you!! Yay!
10-22-2012, 05:11 PM
10-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Good morning, ladies. I just read through all 31 pages of this thread and am hoping I can join the club. My DH and I are TTC, and so far, no luck. Here's a little bit about me:
1. Primal since March 2011...lost 30 lbs., but got WAY too thin!
2. I gained back some weight this summer, but carb cravings got out of control. I do best on high fat, moderate protein, low carbs.
3. I have PCOS....no period since 2010.
4. I'm also very allergic to dairy and gluten, which means paleo is PERFECT for me, when I stick to it. I've been strict again this fall, after falling to the sugar demons this summer.
5. I got on thyroid meds (t3 only) in March 2012 and feel much better.
6. I got off bcp in February 2012 and started TTC and also gave up caffeine at that time, although I'm back to drinking coffee again. How bad is that?
7. I've tried vitex, red raspberry leaves and red clover...but nothing.
8. I've started going to weekly acupuncture, and she also practices traditional Chinese medicine. I'm now taking two supps: cinnamon & rheumennia (sp?) and women's treasure. So far, the only thing I've noticed is higher morning temps.
9. I do track my temps on fertilityfriend.com but there is absolutely no pattern.
10. I ordered pre-seed, thinking that perhaps I don't have enough CM for sperm to swim through.
11. I have my first appt. with an infertility specialist on Nov. 26, so between now and then, I want to TTC ALOT and hopefully, her services won't be necessary. Any advice?
Oh, and congrats to all the expecting mamas in here and lots of baby dust to those who are trying!!!
10-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Thank you. Fingers crossed for you. We kind of had that situation back in May because I had crazy deadlines and he had crazy deadlines...and then for a while there there was talk about sending me on trips to Korea and China...and I was mentally screaming at my boss noooo we're trying to MAKE BABIES DAMMIT...so I know what you mean.
Originally Posted by Kaylee99
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
10-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Originally Posted by PaleoCowgirl
FWIW, it took me 18 months to get my body healthy enough to get pregnant, and for me the 'magic bullet' was evening primrose oil capsules, taken orally and inserted vaginally. Don't know if it would help any others, but I took it because I have scar tissue on my cervix from a previous operation. EPO helps dissolve scar tissue and caused a major improvement in the quality of my CM. Also levels of vitamin E and A need to be adequate before pregnancy can occur, and EPO is high in vit E.