Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread for those TTC page 22

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good luck ladies, and thank you for the luck. And don't cross your ovaries, Onalark: you're going to need those

Shawnamarie is offline Member
    Hi ladies!

I've been away for a few months, busy with grad school which I'll be graduating from in June! My husband and I have been trying for about 2 or 3 months and I've been charting for years. I have a short luteal phase (usually 7-9 days) which I think is preventing me from getting pregnant. I'm beginning to seriously wonder what kind of changes I need to make to my diet to fix this.

Two cycles ago I started taking B6 and this past cycle I started taking a low dose of Vitex (200mg) to try and lengthen my LP. I know these things can take a few months to make a difference, but my LP was only 7 days this last cycle. It's discouraging.

I'm beginning to consider if I need to do more starches and less fruit to support fertility. Breakfast usually consists of any combo of eggs, bacon, sausage, smoothie, or the occasional almond or coconut flour pancakes. A typical breakfast is one egg, one sausage, and half an orange. Lunch is leftovers from dinner (meat and veg). Dinner is some kind of meat and veg. I snack on a lot of carrots, lunch meat, or leftovers. Every day I'll eat a square of dark chocolate or lately it's been a small paleoish cookie made with honey and almond flour. In complete honesty, I must also admit that I tend to have a few corn chips or animal crackers each day. I work in a preschool and have gotten a bit lax about snacking on stuff like this. I've been primal since Jan 2011.

So... I don't know but I'm considering the connection between fertility and starches. Curious as to what your thoughts are. I may throw a new thread up if this post gets lost in how long this thread is.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Are you saying that more starches=more fertility?

I would lean toward more starches=more calories=possible higher fertility. Honestly I don't think its something you'd have to worry about if you're getting plenty to eat. I think, depending on your workout schedule, you could skip the starches as long as you have enough fat-but now your talking all those micro-nutrients/macro-nutrients and I've never gotten into balancing out exactly what I eat.

Also, I'd watch out that you aren't looking for an out (ie I want to get pregnant so I should have a heaping pile of mashed taters). I say that 'cause I've done that and now I'm back to not fitting in my jeans and having to clean out the cupboards of crud that has sneaked in. *sigh*
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    Shawnamarie, could you add more primal starches like yams? In some cultures they are believed to promote fertility and while they are higher carb, they are perfectly primal. Also, do you feel hungry after breakfast? I ask because although I don't eat breakfast every day (I'm not always hungry in the morning) when I do, it tends to be a bit bigger of a meal. I love smoothies, for example, but they don't carry me along for very long. I'm just wondering if maybe the snacking could be related to hunger (although believe me, I know all about temptation when it is laying around)!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Welp, three DPO. Going to wait 11 days until I take my first test, or maybe just wait and see if my period shows up. Hah.

Mom is honestly mystified why I'm doing all this charting and stuff. "It only took me two months to conceive your sister! I was soooo disappointed when it didn't happen the first month!"

My mom, ladies and gentleladies.

She was also 29, it was her third pregnancy, and my mom must have just been an incredibly fertile lady. I am hoping some of that will work in my favor, even though I'm 7 years older than her and this is my first time trying. Being told over and over that at my age, it might take a while, is making me skittish about the whole process.

fingers crossed onalark!

I think I'm out this month. I tried one of those early preg tests and it came up negative. Aunt Flo hasn't visited yet but considering I'm just about gnawing my own fingers off for want of milk chocolate and snarling at everyone I'm betting she's coming. *sigh*

On a good note I've finally convinced hubby to get serious about eating clean again and so far have lost 4 pounds since starting. Without him suddenly NEEDING chips or crud and bringing it home I've (strangely, lol) been able to stay on track. Hoping the weight loss will help for next month.

It does help when your partner's along for the ride. Best of luck to you.

My diet's pretty square right now. Have committed to no-wheat, mostly-paleo, and I'm doing good at that. I have been making a concerted effort to get 8-9 hours of sleep this week. So far so good -- I go to bed at 10, and it's lights-out by 11. I'm trying to tell my body that I'll keep this up if it'll just make a baby.

So, a day late and decided to use the free digital test that came with February's ovulation testers and it came back positive! I don't know whether to get excited or not-I don't feel pregnant (other than my boobs are bigger, but it could be eating primal as well, its happened in the past). Going to send hubby down later for a new box of tests-fingers crossed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post
    So, a day late and decided to use the free digital test that came with February's ovulation testers and it came back positive! I don't know whether to get excited or not-I don't feel pregnant (other than my boobs are bigger, but it could be eating primal as well, its happened in the past). Going to send hubby down later for a new box of tests-fingers crossed!!!
    Good luck!!!

Too many years of sitcoms and late night dramas led me to believe that the MOMENT OF CONCEPTION I would start puking up lunch.

So far, nothing. Which may mean something, or may mean nothing. Still a week to go before I'm going to bother wasting a test on it. :3

Also, I like this thread way more than the fertility forums I've seen out there. Some of those ladies are...like...wow. WOW.

PrimalCon New York
    Hubby brought home several different brands (I now have a life time supply of preg testers, lol!!!) and they've all come up positive.

I find it so strange-with munchkin I felt...weird (no better way to say it) a couple days before my period was due and certain foods started tasting funny. About a week late I started puking and didn't stop till she was born. I don't know if its primal or what but I'm feeling no difference this time around. *fingers crossed for no morning sickness*

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast