Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread for those TTC page 2

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks ladies

The suppositories are vaginal so don't think my digestion has any effects on it heh.
    The metformin does screw with my stomach. If I have too much sugar/carbs.... I better make sure I'm not too far away from a bathroom.
    I just have problems w/ my digestion though. I think I may have a sensitivity to nightshades which sucks b/c I love tomatoes! And I also don't seem to digest greens very well either. Kale & raw broccoli especially. They go right through me.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    I hope that everyone is having a great weekend!

@ Belforte: we did try to conceive naturally, but to no avail. We also did several IUIs with Clomid and Follistim, and they didn't seem to work. We had an opportunity to do free IVF (!) so we went with it. I'm older (42) so we know that the odds are low. However, I did end up with 100% fertilization of my eight eggs and we did get pregnant the first round, although we lost the pregnancy near the end of the first trimester. The doctor couldn't believe that someone my age had such a high rate of fertilized eggs; I'm convinced the primal eating played a key role.

@ LisaLS: I'm really sorry to hear what you've been going through. I did the shots for about a year, and it is no fun: it really does start to get you down and it is very hard because you have to be so focused on TTC, and yet that hyper-focus can also be part of the problem. It is exciting that you're starting to ovulate again! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

@OperaDivaMom: I think you are on the right track with trying to heal your gut. We have rheumatoid arthritis in my family and although now that I don't dance professionally I don't have as many problems, I have had joint issues in the past and an early diagnosis of arthritis. The anti-inflammation diet looks very similar to the TTC diet. I asked her about nightshades, and she said that in her mind they don't cause most people problems...could be interesting to track. It makes sense that you want your body not to be "fighting" when it is nurturing a pregnancy.

Just went to my doctor (who is a holistic MD) and she recommended that along with prenatals I do the following: up my vitamin D to 4000 IUDs (I was below normal when I tested last), continue with the Omega 3s and take a probiotic. I haven't yet received the probiotic, so I'm not sure which one it is, but I'm happy to share it with you.

As mentioned in another thread, I went off the wagon when I was pregnant (wicked carb cravings) and then turned to comfort foods afterwards. But since I've recommitted to PB, I've felt great. In fact, I'm supposed to start my period tomorrow, but I would never know it: no cramps, bloating, fatigue, sore boobs, etc.

dmc
    I forgot to add...I am also convinced that acupuncture made it possible for me to get pregnant. My sense of well being has increased dramatically in the 14 months I've been doing it regularly.

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    After Mama Thom's post, I decided Nourishing Traditions was a priority. Just read the introduction and although I knew the information but the way she has put it together is really good.

Anyway she mentioned that Molasses or black treacle was a great source of some nutrients, here is the nutrient profile:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?
    dbid=118&tname=foodspice

So anyway I know this is a sugar, but if you are going to have a sugar/carb craving, maybe this is the answer. Anyway I made a coconut milk smoothie, with half a tin of coconut, a small banana and tablespoon of treacle, delicious.

Depending on where you are in your diet, and other health issues, it may be something to consider.

Also this: Blackstrap molasses

Have any of you heard of this??

Nice to see there are a few of us here. At the moment we are on a week's holiday right at the heel of Italy in Puglia. Lots of warm weather, delicious food, beautiful beaches and being romantic!
    Life. Be in it.

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Belforte View Post
    Also this: Blackstrap molasses

Have any of you heard of this??

Nice to see there are a few of us here. At the moment we are on a week's holiday right at the heel of Italy in Puglia. Lots of warm weather, delicious food, beautiful beaches and being romantic!
    Well, we used to "sop" up blackstrap molasses with biscuits! not so primal. It is very tasty, I know WF has it.
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Hope everyone is doing well

I wish I could add in more sweets lol. Even if it's just fruit. I seem to be SO sensitive to carbs/sugar though. At least right now I am. Hopefully as I continue to lose weight and get healthier that will change so I can enjoy more things.

Go in tomorrow for my first estrogen check. Hope my number is high. I haven't felt much of anything going on in the ladybits department. They should be getting stimulated by the follistim, but with my body, pfft, who knows.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

dmc
    Good luck LisaLS,
    I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    What a great thread.

My story: I'm only 25 but was diagnosed with cervical cancer at 19 and had surgery to remove it (successfully). I've always had the feeling that it was going to be hard for me to get pregnant, so I didn't want to waste any time. I've had every test going (FSH, weekly transvaginal ultrasounds, laparoscopy, salpingogram, dummy transfers) and according to the doctors everything is fine. I am 'anatomically perfect'. But still no pregnancies. It has been nearly 3 years of TTC.

So for now, I am taking daily combined high vitamin butter oil and fermented cod liver oil capsules, probiotics, B-complex, magnesium, and tyrosine and phenylalanine to help restore my adrenal function and endorphins. I am trying to include as many nutrient-rich foods in my diet as possible, ie; bone broth, raw liver, eggs, meat, butter, select herbal teas. I am attempting to eliminate all sugar (very very hard one for me) and remember not to ingest caffeine. I was a social smoker on and off, but gave that up for good 6 weeks ago.

My periods have always been regular (between 26 and 29 days, the last 3 have been 28 day cycles), and with eating paleo the PMS has significantly diminished. I used to have crippling cramps, mood swings, and severe bloating, but all that is gone. I also had an Arvigo massage and took their female tonic for a month and I do believe that's helped cleanse my uterus.

I'm in no rush at this point, and truthfully I'd like another year to get my body into prime shape for pregnancy. I just hope I can actually conceive!

dmc
    Heather, it sounds like you have been on quite a journey. I do hope your pregnancy dreams come true. I,too, seem to be okay hormone/body-wise, despite my age, but still no conceiving. I'm not sure if you have a male partner, but if so, has he been tested as well? My doctor told me that infertility due to male causes is as common as that due to female causes.

I'd be interested in hearing about the herbal teas you're drinking as I love to drink something hot all day. I love decaf coffee and black tea, but have given that up. Right now I'm limiting myself to a cup of organic jasmine green tea per day and organic mint tea for the rest of the day. Are the teas you're drinking safe once you are pregnant or only before pregnancy

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Heather, it sounds like you have been on quite a journey. I do hope your pregnancy dreams come true. I,too, seem to be okay hormone/body-wise, despite my age, but still no conceiving. I'm not sure if you have a male partner, but if so, has he been tested as well? My doctor told me that infertility due to male causes is as common as that due to female causes.

I'd be interested in hearing about the herbal teas you're drinking as I love to drink something hot all day. I love decaf coffee and black tea, but have given that up. Right now I'm limiting myself to a cup of organic jasmine green tea per day and organic mint tea for the rest of the day. Are the teas you're drinking safe once you are pregnant or only before pregnancy
    Thank you. It's frustrating isn't it, not to be able to pinpoint a specific reason? At least then there would be a specific 'fix' for it. I've had 2 different partners through this; the first had terrible sperm quality but my current partner should be absolutely fine.

The herbal teas I have on hand are green tea, and jasmine for immunity and anti-aging, fennel for digestion, peppermint for digestion, nettle for urinary health, dandelion for liver & kidney function, rooibos for general wellbeing, licorice root for healthy immune system and sugar cravings, chamomile for calm, and raspberry leaf for women's health. I also have a box of senna tea but I only take that when I've gone days without a BM (not pleasant but its a natural laxative- definitely not to be used if you dont have the time to run to the loo all day!)

All of those are safe for pregnancy, with the exception of the raspberry leaf which should not be used in early pregnancy but which is said to induce labour in late (full-term) pregnancy. It's worth noting that several of those teas also have a decent amount of vitamins and minerals. I enjoy the taste of all of them so just drink whatever I'm in the mood for. I usually average 4-5 cups of tea per day.
    I also like to use 2 green tea bags and 1 jasmine (or raspberry) tea bag and about 2 litres of water, steeped in a large pot for 20 minutes, then cooled and transferred to a pitcher to keep in the fridge. It's a refreshing cold drink thats taken the place of my former unhealthy cold beverages (like juice aka squash).
    Last edited by HeatherJ; 09-06-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast