Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread for those TTC page 13

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks, Rose. I do feel really crampy, though that seems to be subsiding. It is hard to know if it is the procedure or not.

Guess I'll know soon enough! One funny thing is I no longer have sore bbs right before my period and wonder if I'll have that as a pre-pregnancy symptom or not. I did last time, but I don't think I was as strictly following PB. I'm on progesterone like last time, but no real symptoms from that that I can tell (I started it a few days before the procedure, but no symptoms then either--the cramping only started after the procedure).

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Hope it all goes well for you DMC as someone who is a doctor/procedure phobe I am in admiration of you.

Just realised something. I used to get an ache as part of PMS upper leg to knee and a heavy feeling if you know what I mean, since primal this has stopped, but this month, I got a little bit of old fashioned breast tenderness (I used to get it much younger) if there a difference to the different types of PMS as to hormones etc? I never really thought about it before.
    Life. Be in it.

dmc
    Hmmm...I don't know about the pms and pain connection. I do have RA in my family and notice that when eating a more anti-inflammatory diet, which is very PB compliant, i seem to have fewer problems.

I read online about leukorrhea, which might account for the fluid. Although not exclusively, it can be an earlier pregnancy sign. Have any of you heard of this?

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Thought I would post a quick update, let you know how acupuncture was going.

So I am two months into acupuncture and my normally 42-48 day cycle was 32 days last month and is on schedule for 31 days this month (my luteal phase usually runs a consistent 14 days). My AF last cycle was still as painful and heavy as usual, PM S as usual, bleh. I was having a lot of cramping throughout the month, I have a history of pelvic tension, the acupuncture is helping that a ton.

I had my hormones checked finally and got the results yesterday. Estrogen was right at mid range of normal, progesterone was definitely low....so going to go ahead with a progesterone supplement. We are going with a pretty low dose to start, and I will continue with acupuncture as well.

I am so happy my HRA account covers the acupuncture (similar to an FSA) and we had plenty tucked away into it. At least one thing I don't have to fret about.

Thanks for keeping this thread going, I am watching updates closely, hoping for some luck in the group!!

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Hey ladies!
    Well, surprise for me--I got sloppy about charting the last couple months (was kinda depressed about the fertility stuff and figured I had a few [or thirty] more pounds to shed before I really returned to normal fertility). I'd been feeling kinda wonky the last week or so and had a few minutes to kill the other night, so I peed on a UCG strip and holy hell, I'm knocked up! My last period was short and with the symptoms I'm having it seems as though I may have conceived last cycle and am already at about ten weeks.
    I'm having some absolutely heinous nausea, diarrhea, and a total inability to regulate my body temperature. Also, I had my blood pressure checked today, the first time since going Primal I think, and it's SKY HIGH ><. I have been really pretty strictly Primal since the spring... any suggestions? I have an appointment with a midwife in a couple weeks, but am unsure how much support or knowledge will be available on grain-free eating during pregnancy. I'd of course prefer to avoid taking meds at all costs!
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    Hey ladies!
    ... I peed on a UCG strip and holy hell, I'm knocked up! My last period was short and with the symptoms I'm having it seems as though I may have conceived last cycle and am already at about ten weeks.
    I'm having some absolutely heinous nausea, diarrhea, and a total inability to regulate my body temperature. Also, I had my blood pressure checked today, the first time since going Primal I think, and it's SKY HIGH >
    Congrats!

Unless it's "white coat hypertension", I suspect a mineral deficiency. Most folk are deficient in Magnesium. Also, how's your salt intake? It may need to go up, if it's too low. Potassium & Zinc are essential, too.

Also B6 100 mg is helpful for nausea for some. Small meals more often can help, too.

I have a link in my siggie to a blog post I wrote on Primal pregnancy nutrition, if you haven't already seen it.

dmc
    Fantastic news, Mixie!! Hooray! Meadow,so glad the acupuncture seems to be helping! I know it has really helped me!

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Congrats!

Unless it's "white coat hypertension", I suspect a mineral deficiency. Most folk are deficient in Magnesium. Also, how's your salt intake? It may need to go up, if it's too low. Potassium & Zinc are essential, too.

Also B6 100 mg is helpful for nausea for some. Small meals more often can help, too.

I have a link in my siggie to a blog post I wrote on Primal pregnancy nutrition, if you haven't already seen it.
    Oh, THANKS--I had actually been thinking about all three minerals shortly before finding out about the pregnancy and in all the excitement forgot ALL about it. Maybe I should go have a snack of bananas and oysters while sitting in a lukewarm Epsom salt bath =). I use Kosher and sea salt liberally to taste in cooking. Is there any other good rule of thumb? In an ongoing series hilarious CW moments which I suspect may last another seven months or so, I have had an absolute flood of "be careful to watch your sodium intake! No fatty foods! Eat soda crackers constantly!" =)
    Have been combing the primal blogs like crazy for pregnancy stuff. This is so bizarre; we'd been theoretically "trying" (as in, actively trying several years ago and just not trying to prevent it for the last year or two) for almost four years. I think I've taken a hundred jillion UCGs in that time, and I honestly was not really expecting that to be the result this time. I've spent so long thinking about pregnancy that now that it's really real, it's... really f*king nuts. And kinda freaking me out ;0)

Thanks, DMC! Can't wait to see updates from you--keeping fingers and toes crossed here!
    Last edited by mixie; 11-03-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Rose is offline Member
    Mixie that is fantastic news! After 4 years too!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Congrats! what happy news!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast