Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread for those TTC page 11

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Way to go, Heather! That is fantastic. I agree that not stressing is important, particularly when it has been a long haul.

Rose, a book I found very helpful was Taking Charge of your Fertility. It has a lot of detailed information about charting, sample charts etc. Very helpful.

I go in on Sunday for my ultrasound. My period came this cycle with nary a whimper, which I take as a sign I have been eating well.

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Haha, that is how I judge my reproductive health too, dmc! ie If my period is horible something must be wrong.. but the last cycle was totally forgettable.. no cramps, no bloat, no cravings.. I lost 220ml which I think is a lot more than most people but thats normal for me.

good luck @ the ultrasound!

mixie is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious if you ladies are tracking ovulation either with charting or ovulation tests? I've been taking a break for several months while I was working on healing my body, getting into shape, etc. I used to have frequent anovulatory cycles and almost no cramping. I've noticed that my cycles have gotten progressively closer to 28 day consistency and that I've been having hard cramping prior to menstruation the last several cycles. My (awesome) FAM-friendly NP said that increased cramping is likely a signal that I'm ovulating more consistently, in line with more correct progesterone balance, better endometrial buildup, etc.

I'm afraid to start charting seriously again or buying tests, I'm just not emotionally ready to get back "into" the hard work of trying to conceive. But I'd be interested in others' experiences!

ETA: just wanted to add that the cramping/no cramping/cycle stuff I'm experiencing might be totally different than others--I realized it might sound like I was opining on your experiences ;0) which is totally not what I intended there. I'm a long way off from my goal weight and I imagine that what I'm experiencing may be my system "gearing up", so to speak.
    Last edited by mixie; 10-20-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hey ladies. I've not had fertility issues in the past but I have a 20 month old boy and don't want the age gap to be too big. I'm also 39. I had an imcomplete miscarriage this year which dragged on for months so the idea of having the kiddos close together is creeping away.
    I'm considering trying to track my fertility as I'm finding everything 'feels' different now and I don't feel in tune with my body as much. Do any of you have any websites or hints for tracking your cycle as I think it might be worth while for me.
    Check out FertilityFriend

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Hi all, don't have time to read the whole thread (just found it) but wanted to throw in a suggestion. In addition to all the excellent advice about living and eating primally... do some reading about Robitussin/Mucinex (Guaifenesin) and fertility. (Make sure whatever you take doesn't have decongestant added.)

There have been several excellent studies of the positive effect it has on fertility for men and women.

It's a mucus thinner, so it makes it easier for eggs to come down the fallopian tubes... easier for sperm to get into the uterus and swim around... thins the mucus in semen if there are any issues on that end... etc.

After years of fertility issues, this is what made all the difference for us and our two kids!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Rose is offline Member
    Thanks dmc and dragonfly. I'm checking out those suggestions.

Interesting about the Rubitussin thing, never heard of that one. Going to google that now.

dmc: what is the ultrasound for?

dmc
    dmc is offline Senior Member
    I've heard about that Robitussin too. Also, green tea is supposed to help with cervical mucus too.
    The ultrasound is just to check my lining to make sure that I am good to go for my frozen transfer. It should be fine since this hasn't ever been a problem for me--or cervical mucus for that matter. Fingers crossed!

Rose is offline Member
    Does anybody test their saliva? I see you can get microscopes to use for that. I'm thinking of getting one from my Mum, she's a science teacher and has one .

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I have a Fertile-Focus. They're inexpensive and pretty cool, I'd definitely recommend one just for the geek factor. I can't take my temperature because I'm the kind of insomniac that wakes up in the middle of the night.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Does anybody test their saliva? I see you can get microscopes to use for that. I'm thinking of getting one from my Mum, she's a science teacher and has one .
    My doc loaned me one--I haven't used it in a few months but I really, really loved it! The first time you catch that "ferning" pattern it *is* awfully tickling in a bio-geek/sex-nerd way.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast