Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seafood vs. meat page

Clymb is offline Senior Member

Seafood vs. meat

Primal Fuel
    So I've noticed that when I eat lots of meat, I feel...idk...dirty. But when I eat mainly seafood, I feel really really good. Is this legit in any way? I was assuming it was because I can't afford good quality meat...but of course seafood is expensive too. Anyone feel anything similar to this? Any pescetarians here who noticed a difference after eating that way?

Just curious, plus I haven't posted in forever so thought I would contribute to the forums again haha

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I do find all seafood particularly easy to digest - and sort of - light. I don't feel "dirty" after meat - but certainly "clean" after fish!

wiltondeportes Guest
    You don't like to feel....dirty?

I think it's just the weight of the food. Red meat seems to be slower to digest, but I also generally eat more of it at a time than I do seafood.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Seafood is more expensive than meat down here in the armpit of AZ also the quality sucks balls, so no, I have the opposite feeling. Now, good quality seafood is a different story. I feel awesome after some good sashimi.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    I feel the same way...I definitely feel lighter or something, less bloated as well. Maybe it has something to do with the omega 3's? Because I feel find eating grassfed beef, but not conventional.
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m e g a n foxy View Post
    I feel the same way...I definitely feel lighter or something, less bloated as well. Maybe it has something to do with the omega 3's? Because I feel find eating grassfed beef, but not conventional.
    I have to agree with this statement. My body seems to react to whatever is in conventional beef, my digestive system can't tolerate it for whatever reason. But with grass fed I have no problem at all, so if I can't get grassfed I just choose chicken or seafood.
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    It depends on where you live. I'm in MN. I do well with freshwater fish (Love me some Walleye!) but REALLY good seafood is pricey. Not impossible to obtain - just expensive. I too feel really good after a nice helping of Sashimi.

I'm headed to my Mom's in FL in Oct and I told her I'm cooking every meal! I am not eating one single land based animal all week while I'm down there. So excited!

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Definitely agree. I can eat a lb of fish and feel light and clean. If I ate a lb of red meat it'd feel like a cinder block in my stomach. There's definitely a time and place for both, and I love my bison burgers, but I prefer seafood generally.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Overoll, I have a preference for less fatty proteins, and I run with it (inluding prefering fish to meat). Yeah, it's more paleo than primal, but it's up to a person I believ to find the correct carb:fat ratio optimal for their well-being. The principle of eating non-processed, as fresh as possible and as little tinkered with as possible is the main goal.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Nanzi is offline Senior Member
    I'm headed to my Mom's in FL in Oct and I told her I'm cooking every meal! I am not eating one single land based animal all week while I'm down there. So excited![/QUOTE]

I'm with you, I'd like to do that in NH with our daughter. They get lobster so flippin cheap it should be illegal. Imagine us landlubbers eating lobster in Mac and cheese? Not that I'm eating macaroni of any kind any more. It makes it so easy to avoid it by my getting a stomach ache when I eat pasta.
    I'm not landlocked in DE, but the prices are still high on good seafood. Our splurge is raw salmon that we eat as sashimi, clean, light and so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast