Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal NYE??? page

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Just thought I'd ask you guys what your plans were for ringing in the New Year?

I'm planning on staying home; maybe a glass of wine and a movie...but I'm sure that your plans are much more interesting. Share???

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I dunno, a friend just invited me to her house for a get together... there were mentions of beer pong and flippy cup. Not exactly my type of party, pregnant or not. We might go because...well... it'd be nice to hang out with friends. But I doubt we'll stay all night (pregnant exhaustion and whatnot, plus we're homebodies) but we might drop in.

If we do go, I'll probably bring a veggie tray to share again. It's funny, people usually bring sweets/carby stuff to those things, but the veggie tray is always pounced on, especially as the evening wears on...

mmm maybe with some cubes of cheese too.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

oh here's the latest "update" to the invitation (sent out via facebook)
    [quote]

OK! How about we say 7:30 or 8 (or whenever you want to start drinking), I&#39;ll get together some snacks. If you want to have dinner we could do a pot luck, or send out for pizza. BYOB and I&#39;ll get some champagne for toasting and bud light for beer pong/flip cup. [name omitted] did you say you had folding tables or am I remembering wrong?? If not, I can pick one up. </blockquote>

just... hehehe. Sounds like a pregnant grain-free drinks-super-rarely-even-when-not-knocked-up girl&#39;s dream party, right?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I&#39;m going back to the same place where I spent Christmas.... pastaaaaaaaaaaaa......

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

hannahc is offline Senior Member

I&#39;d be groaning over that one too FNW...blech. I&#39;ve found the same thing with veggie trays too actually, especially if you make them really colorful (like adding different colored peppers and whatnot). No matter how much I cut up and bring, I rarely get to take any home! At least we&#39;re putting something other than cookies and pizza into people&#39;s bellies

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Oh, and I think it&#39;s a stay-at-home NYE for me and the hubby, we&#39;re not terribly exciting plus it&#39;s been 20 degrees at night and that&#39;s no fun to be outside in! There&#39;s a celebration downtown at the city&#39;s main square with ice-skating and fireworks and whatnot, but meh. Movies and games sound better to me!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I&#39;m headed to a party at my SO&#39;s place in the mountains. I&#39;ll make some deviled eggs, maybe some guac and crudites, and bake the M&Ms and milk chocolate from my Christmas stocking into some oatmeal cookies for others to consume.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

maba is offline Senior Member

At a friend&#39;s house, w/ other friends. She&#39;s vegetarian and having the food catered from an Indian restaurant, I have to watch out for the dishes w/ food coloring in them. There&#39;s going to be wine, champagne and cake. I&#39;m going to pass up the cake and may just eat the wheat-free dishes and load up on veggies.

My sister recently sent me a game called "Sybarit" that sounds like a lot of fun, will take it along with me and see if they want to play.

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

Not much planned for NYE, but I&#39;ve been invited to the local Polar Bear group plunge into the ocean on New year&#39;s day! It&#39;ll be my first and if anyone here is from New England you will know that 1)it is cold here and 2) it&#39;s supposed to sleet/snow on friday.

Booya!

It&#39;ll be totally Grok-y, except for the chocolate fountain & choc chip pancakes at the warm-up party...but I hear there&#39;s chili and eggs Mmmm.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

We always stay home on NYE, at least for the last 11 years since we adopted our troubled but oh-so-sweet black lab/Airedale mix when she was about 10 months old. Besides being deathly afraid of brooms, vacuum cleaners, plastic bags, and having anyone step within 6 inches of her feet, she&#39;s so scared of fireworks that she literally foams at the mouth, leaps into laps, hides behind anything she can wedge herself behind. Kind of takes the fun out of leaving home when you know your dog is scared for her life and has nobody to cuddle her.

Living in Seattle, where the fireworks shoot off from the Space Needle at midnight, and beginning from dusk until about 2 am, the neighbors for miles around shoot off firecrackers and bottle rockets, we simply sit on the front porch, sip champagne, cuddle our big old dog and watch our much younger Jack Russell terrier delight in the festivities, and enjoy our neighbors&#39; fireworks. No interest in the drunken parties nor the dangerous driving coming home. Just being together, reminiscing over the year, and promising each other to love one another for ever. Doesn&#39;t get much better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast