Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil Isn't Just GOOD For You... page

wilberfan is offline Senior Member

Coconut Oil Isn't Just GOOD For You...

Primal Fuel
    ...but a glass jar of it makes a very handy room thermometer!

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I was so jealous when I went into my brothers home the other day and their's was solid!
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Haha. Mine hasn't been solid for months. Until I put it in the fridge. It's in flimsy plastic containers that I bought it in and too sloshy for me to trust myself to not spill it, so I just stuck it in the fridge. Also easier to shave off small amounts. When it's liquid, I have a tendency to just get several spoonfuls at a time versus a few shavings when it's solid. Winter can't come fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

wilberfan is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, no AC at my place (Southern Calif)--and we had a big hot spell last week. Jar was about 98% beautiful clear liquid. I, too, prefer scraping off shavings. Don't know why it never occurred to me to just keep it in the fridge!

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Haha. Mine hasn't been solid for months. Until I put it in the fridge. It's in flimsy plastic containers that I bought it in and too sloshy for me to trust myself to not spill it, so I just stuck it in the fridge. Also easier to shave off small amounts. When it's liquid, I have a tendency to just get several spoonfuls at a time versus a few shavings when it's solid. Winter can't come fast enough as far as I'm concerned.
    Ours comes in the crazy thin sloshy container too. We transfer to the large mason jars and it works great.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    haha, I was just thinking this when I unscrewed mine this morning and just poured it into the skillet.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Mine started to solidify the other day and I said looks like summer is over.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    Ours comes in the crazy thin sloshy container too. We transfer to the large mason jars and it works great.
    Thanks for the pro-tip. You must get yours from the Dekalb Farmer's market also. I love that place. Wish I lived closer to Atlanta so I could go more often.

d3monic is offline Junior Member
    I only had a small puddle ontop, I keep my house at 72 though due to my very expensive dart frog collection. Can't have those guys roasting on me...that and I can not sleep if I am hot.
    "The only thing they can get me for is running a cemetary without a license"-Gacy

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by wilberfan View Post
    ...but a glass jar of it makes a very handy room thermometer!

That's an excellent point! I'll have to keep an eye on mine, we've starting to warm up down under

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast