Thread: The Rabbit Hole page

PriFrance is offline Member

The Rabbit Hole

Primal Fuel
    I was "home" for the first time in a few years and have gone from about 250 lbs down to 180 over that time span. Most of my old friends and acquaintances didn't even recognize me. As expected I had countless people ask how i did it and how to drop all the weight.

Based on my transition I asked the the tacky how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go

B1: Calorie restriction- following basic cw but loosing weight (my stage 1)

B2: Primal eating- Eat a la blue Print

B3: Insulin control- Using the diet and primal principles to control insulin and reap the benefits

B4: Intermittent Fasting - Any of the various protocols i Prefer lean gains with a 24 hour fast once a week

B5: Leptin control - incorporating cyclical diets and refeeds to make sure leptin is never to far out of whack

Wondering if any one thinks this is a good way to describe "our" way of living and eating and if there is a B6 that I havent found yet?

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I figured out that I don't tolerate grains very well, and I cut out sugar as well. I eat whole foods, such as lots of vegetables, some meat, and fruit/dairy.

I don't think I'd say anything about calorie restriction, and the insulin response stuff is only if they ask. IF and Leptin Reset are both things that I'll let them come to on their own, as the science of it is a bit too complex for me to explain easily and those are things that not everyone needs to do.

dado Guest
    I just tell people I don't eat bread or sugar, and that I go hard. And that I'm the man. They know this to be true.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    B3-B5 are advanced topics. You might need to provide alot of wine to keep their attention and attendance.
    Give the basics: cut out sugar, cut out grains (especially wheat), cut out processed foods, raise fat to the major part of daily calories followed by protein. Recommend a fine book and a few websites for people to dig deeper.

dado Guest
    Of course the wildwabbit showed in the rabbit hole thread.

Also, the less detail you give and the less of a fuss you make about your primal lifestyle, the more interested people will become. Play it cool and they will come to you, slowly chipping away at the matter. Your actions in this case have already said more than your words could ever convey. This is good general advice too, just play it cool. Don't let them see you sweat even if it's a hundred degrees outside and you're putting up a 20x80 party tent at the field club.
    Last edited by dado; 09-01-2011 at 08:22 AM.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    Of course the wildwabbit showed in the rabbit hole thread.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    B-6 Lift heavy things and move a lot at a slow speed.
    B-7 Sleep
    B-8 get outside

Hey, this seems a lot like the Primal Blueprint 101.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

i have gotten something along the lines of "Oh, thats really unhealthy, you must just have good genes for fat loss". I guess I have the strange genes that allow me to get fat stay fat then loose it

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I just tell 'em I'm doin' a'kins with broccoli.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No one buys broccoli, tell em spinach at least that has popeye going for it