Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grass fed steaks vs grain fed page

Rhyno is offline Member

Smile Grass fed steaks vs grain fed

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone!! I wanted to ask a question regarding grass-fed vs grain-fed. I've lost 25 lbs in a month in a half on Primal and I really enjoy eating steak, but I read something that warned against eating it unless it grass-fed. My daily diet usually goes 3-4 eggs or just a green drink, fast if not for some veggies, then at dinner its usually a bunch of steamed broccoli, steak or other meat... but usually steak , and maybe some sauteed mushrooms in butter.

I was reading Stevo's post about not sweating it too much, because I'm doing my body alot better than I was before. I suppose I just wanted to post this to see what you folks thought. Thanks in advance!! - Rhyno

P.S. It come down to $$$ at the moment, but hopefully that will change.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I would simply up your intake of Omega 3 to make sure your O6:O3 ratio is even.

Rhyno is offline Member
    I'm taking some DHEA everyday, will that do it??

Rhyno is offline Member
    Excuse me, DHA. I read it wrong, lol.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Don't know, I take wild salmon oil which has equal amounts of DHA and EPA. As long as it's 03 you should be fine. I take 9 capsules daily, but I hardly eat sources of O6 anymore, so I'm going down to 6 capsules by next month.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Beef is pretty low in omega-6, so don't sweat it, especially if you're taking some fish oil or eating oily fish.

For example, an 8 oz ribeye only has 1g of omega-6: Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Beef, rib, eye, small end (ribs 10-12), separable lean and fat, trimmed to 0" fat, choice, cooked, broiled [ribeye]

Pork, poultry and nuts (in increasing order) have more.

Kurt Harris recommends getting no more than 4% of total caloric intake from PUFA: Archevore - Archevore Diet

dado Guest
    The way thing stand, grass-fed beef is a luxury, a once-in-a-while indulgence for many people.

If you're doing fine with standard beef, I wouldn't sweat it. These are things people sweat over but in reality they won't make or break your life or health. Yea, if you can, go grass-fed, but even then you really can't know if it's truly grass-fed. You don't know where this stuff is coming from, and you really don't know what criteria a cow would have to meet to be called grass-fed. As with everything else, I am sure there are ways to work the loops and spread the lube to get a cow certified grass-fed when in reality it is far from it.

Unless you're living in a village in the mountains of Herzegovina and slaughtering your own cattle every year, I don't know, man. Just go with the regs.

gorski is offline Member
    Meat in Mostar is dam good! MMMM Cevapi!

Dragonfly is online now Senior Member
    Personally speaking, I don't want to support conventional feed-lot practices, or eat all the hormones & antibiotics that are fed to the cattle, so I buy my 100% grass-fed beef from local farmers.

It's not that hard to find out what's what. You just need to ask.

Your Farmer's Market and www.eatwild.com has some good sources near you.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gorski View Post
    Meat in Mostar is dam good! MMMM Cevapi!
    when that fat juicy lepina hits the table i'm off primal, you can kill me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast