Thread: Yes another new person page

stephlowen is offline Member

Yes another new person

Primal Fuel
    Okay so I am really new to this. My last bit of sugar was Monday afternoon and my last diet soda was that night. Anyhow, my name is Steph and I am living in TX. I am doing this for weight loss and health reasons. Diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, gall bladder issues, thyroid issues, and cancer all run in my family. I have dodged them all except for hypothyroidism but it is pretty much under control with meds.

My initial plan is to do 100% Primal/Paleo for at least a month. I have a severe sugar addiction. The only reason that I am choosing the Paleo way is because I am lactose intolerant(ish) and after the 30 days I may try some good cheese and stuff to see if I have any type of reactions.

I have noticed that both today and yesterday I have been eating a lot of food. I am currently tracking in fitday only to make sure that all of my nutritional needs are being met and I am still within the calories that I should be eating, but I know that I am eating when I am not hungry. The problem is that I truly do not trust myself right now and when I feel like eating (even if for reasons other than hunger) I start the fast downhill towards buying and eating an entire package of cookie dough. I hope that once my cravings subside more, I will be able to be more in tune with my body and truly only eat when I am actually hungry.

Well that was a lot more than I planned on saying, so I will end with a... hello and happy to meet you all!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Steph. Hang in there. It will get easier.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Steph...Primal is a GREAT way of Life! As Hedonist said, it does get easier. Grok On!

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Hi Steph! (I'm a Steph too :-)

Best of luck for your 30 days. Breaking away from the sugar will make you feel like a new person!
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry about how much you are eating. Follow the PB guidelines for eating (mostly plants, enough protein, the rest fat) and get off the sugar. Your body typically will figure out how much it wants after a while, and you'll learn how to tell when you are no longer hungry and should stop eating.

stephlowen is offline Member
    Thanks guys. I am a little afraid because the cravings for sugar haven't really been that bad yet. I keep thinking that one of these days, it is going to be horrific.

Now if I could just get my butt to bed on time, I would probably feel even better throughout the day.

I have already noticed that people are just crazy when it comes to the way that I am eating. When I explained that I was doing 100% a very good and quite knowledgeable friend asked what I am going to do when I start eating it again, and that I will gain back any weight loss. I had to once again explain that I am not eating it anymore. She thought I was crazy and started on the moderation thing again. Sheesh.