Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie looking for advice page

gaulshun is offline Junior Member

newbie looking for advice

Primal Fuel
    Hello guys, I'm just a beginner in the LHW part of my fitness plan and I'm doing my 5 fundamental movements of the bodyweight plan at the starting point of my level (very low to be honest)

I'm having a little problem doing my hand/feet plank reps.....the real problem isn't the thightening of abs and glutes but indeed my arms. They don't support me in the position for very long.
    I feel my core would be able to stay in position for much longer than my arms.

Is that normal at the very beginning?
    How should I solve this problem otherwise?!

Thanks in advance to you all!

R

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    It's totally normal for a beginner. I do light freeweights to help strengthen the arms. On the planks I started on my knees and elbows, then knees and hands, now a whole plank, but it is still difficult as my upper body strength has always been weak. I still have to do pushups on my knees. Getting better and better with daily practice!

Thanks a lot for your reply, it's quite reassuring.
    I'm completely and definitely new to all this heath and fitness staff, I'm not used to taking care of my body (merely depending upon my family imprinting I guess...none of them ever payed much attention to it. Every time I started working out while growing up they simply replied " do you really have to?!" destroying my own self committment to it somehow). So I get confused quite easily.

I'm also quite disappointed by my fat around the waist and I still don't know how to get rid of it once and for all. It's the most difficult to lose and sometimes I find myself in doubt about being able to lose it and how to lose it eventually.

Do you know something usefull to share about this matter?!Does someone else?

R

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Your body typically will store fat close to your center of gravity, where it is easiest to move around. As you gain weight, it starts for most people in the stomach area, then the thighs, then moves outwards from there. As you lose weight, it's typically your fingers, feet, and face that lose weight first. The 6-pack abs are the gold standard for appearance of fitness simply because they are so hard to uncover.

How long have you had that fat on your waist? It will probably take months to get rid of it, if not a couple of years. Stick with a primal way of eating, and you will see results. (Exercise isn't going to help you as much in losing fat.)

dado Guest
    you just gotta squat, man, and everything else will fall into place.

you know what my motto is? "if you ain't squattin', you're worthless"

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post

The Situation, you complete me.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaulshun View Post
    I'm having a little problem doing my hand/feet plank reps.....the real problem isn't the thightening of abs and glutes but indeed my arms.
    try them on a chair

Quote Originally Posted by gaulshun View Post
    They don't support me in the position for very long.

I feel my core would be able to stay in position for much longer than my arms.

Is that normal at the very beginning?
    it's perfectly fine to hold for a few seconds, stop and rest, then try again. In the beginning, I would just worry about putting in the effort but if you would like encouraging progress, I suggest the chair method
    Currently dabbling in: IF, leangains, Starting Strength, 5/3/1

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Your body typically will store fat close to your center of gravity, where it is easiest to move around. As you gain weight, it starts for most people in the stomach area, then the thighs, then moves outwards from there. As you lose weight, it's typically your fingers, feet, and face that lose weight first. The 6-pack abs are the gold standard for appearance of fitness simply because they are so hard to uncover.

How long have you had that fat on your waist? It will probably take months to get rid of it, if not a couple of years. Stick with a primal way of eating, and you will see results. (Exercise isn't going to help you as much in losing fat.)
    Well in complete honesty I've been fat for many year on end....I started getting fat at the age of ten. Then I went on a diet at 24. Got fat again, as fat as I could get. then I went on a much more serious diet with much more motivation last year's spring. Now I'm ok as far as the ideal weight is concerned ( I'm 70 kg=154.32 pounds for a height of about 1.74 mt=5.7 feet) but I still have fat that keeps boobing around my thighs making me feel like a pudding sometimes.

I didn't know the chair version! Ižll sure try it!! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post

I'm doing it!! be sure of that! and I'll keep doing it! ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast