Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throat hurts. page

MvEssen is offline Senior Member

Throat hurts.

Shop Now
    My throat has been hurting for two weeks now. In those two weeks I've had one or two days when I thought it was over but the next day it came back again. Whenever I drink hot tea it feels way better but five minutes later it's just as bad again. Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process?

It's only the right side of my throat, from the back of my tongue 'till my adams apple.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin C speeds healing. You might want to check with the doctor, since that's a long time to have a sore throat.

Salt water gargle is antiseptic and could help - also zinc lozenges are good for a sore throat. If all else fails, you could also try chicken soup (seriously).
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

otzi Guest
    You weren't kissing any east german girls this summer were you?

Quote Originally Posted by JKC View Post
    Vitamin C speeds healing. You might want to check with the doctor, since that's a long time to have a sore throat.

Salt water gargle is antiseptic and could help - also zinc lozenges are good for a sore throat. If all else fails, you could also try chicken soup (seriously).
    I've been eating a decent amount of broccoli and chicken soup already, I'll do some extra broccoli tomorrow and I'll try the salt water, thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    You weren't kissing any east german girls this summer were you?
    Haha, no. Just Dutch, Polish, Slowakian and Hungarian :P.

scottbushey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKC View Post

I would start w/ 5 grams ascorbic acid and take it until you get loose stools. Then 2 gram an hour while awake. In the am, take another 5 grams and repeat. I would continue loading until you are feeling better.

http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/surefire.shtml

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/fo...forum.php?f=19

The above is according to Linus Pauling.
    Last edited by scottbushey; 08-31-2011 at 04:12 PM.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    if it doesn't improve soon, go to the doctor.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

ASHLEYWHETUNG is offline Junior Member

Avocado?

I get this every time I eat more than a few slices of avocado. It's the same feeling you get right before you get sick. Maybe you are experiencing something similar?

Paleobird Guest
    There are a lot of possible reasons for a sore throat from allergies to thrush to strep to whatever. You need to see a doctor a figure out what is going on. That is too long for a "normal" sore throat to be hanging around.

I'm pretty confident I know what caused it - I have to admit that my summer holidays have been all but primal. The sore throat started after Sziget festival, which mainly was a week with a lot of drinking. I've not really stopped drinking and have only been primal again since last monday.

The sore throat is just annoying, not extremely painfull or anything. I realise that having a sore throat this long isn't normal. I will try the ascorbic acid and staying completely primal for a few days. I'm confident it will help and if not I will go to a doctor . Thnx!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Try echinecia supplement with added garlic and Vit C. Always helps me when I get a cold or sore throat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast