Page 94 of 717 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194594 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 94

dickzark is offline Member
    grumble...grumble...Scorpio discrimination...not fair......grumble...grumble.....
    dear panda (not panada any more)
    there was a news paper article recently here stating people in china or some where wont hire scorpios or virgos luckly i live in australia im a virgo

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry, beachrat, I was typing quickly and didn't reread before pressing post. I meant to write that I suspect my cortisol has been set too high since I was young. Something is going on and I just haven't gotten up the energy to battle my HMO for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckaSki View Post
    It's interesting when this goes the other way too and is equally hard to shake. I've never been anything other than overweight. I've lost several pants sizes since going primal, and I don't see it in myself. I see that my clothes don't fit, and in the way I can move, but in the mirror: same old me. I am out (at least on the way), and I can't even appreciate it.
    BeckaSki, I had to lose a LOT of weight before I could see any difference in myself. Other people saw it much more quickly than I did. I'm so glad that primal is working well for you! Happy Panda Dance for your smaller pants!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Pet rescue « Gardening after five

Had to show you this, Panda. Oh the trials of having an actual interest in things . . . This isn't even a terribly wierd topic. It doesn't appear that she mentioned that (I believe) this is one of the species that is in the habit of decapitating their mates. Now THAT would be an interesting conversation.

Gay Panda is in ecstasy and misery for five reasons, which are listed below:

1. Pumpkin crème brulee with brown butter almond cookies.
    2. Lemon chess pie with lemon cream.
    3. Cinnamon raisin bread pudding with pear and date compote.
    4. Chocolate pots de crème.
    5. The Chocolate Cake Thing with Orange Scrapings.

For Lady Friend’s birthday dinner, she wanted to go to a scrumptious little place called Café 522. They have a delicious menu in which it is very easy to eat primal. I had a lovely steak while Lady Friend and another reveler at our table had pork tenderloin so wonderful that I may have stolen a piece while they were looking in the other direction. I almost ordered another entrée for myself just to have my own pork tenderloin, and this speaks well of the restaurant because I do not even like pork tenderloin that much. But I adore theirs.

Since I do not want to be so rigid that I deny myself everything, I decided to just enjoy dessert. Those five desserts were split among three people and a panda, and the panda may have been reluctant to share #3 because it was so exquisite that only I could appreciate it as much as it deserved. My spoon fell into #1 and #4 on more than one occasion, and a brown butter almond cookie appeared in my hand and then I couldn’t put it back on the plate because that would spread germs. I sampled #2 and #5 but mostly used those as a distraction to others in order to reclaim #3 for myself.

Had Gay Panda written this entry earlier, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN CAPS BECAUSE GAY PANDA WAS ON A SUGAR HIGH. Everything! Would! Have! Had! Exclamation! Points! and there would have been daring experiments with size, font, and color. Gay Panda could have circled the planet like Superman, and had Popeye fueled himself on #3 instead of spinach, he could have punched a hole in space-time.

But all good things end, and my body is no longer accustomed to such sugary extravagance. I will spare you the details of my crash, but let us say that it was into a wall and at a very high speed, and I am going to spend tomorrow in bed, and the cravings that will be induced by #3 are worth it. That’s what sugar should be, not the cheap sweet smack of a candy bar, but a culinary piece of art that I will always remember. But oy, my throbbing head, ducklings.
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 12-08-2011 at 11:36 PM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    GAY PANDA WAS ON A SUGAR HIGH. Everything! Would! Have! Had! Exclamation! Points! and there would have been daring experiments with size, font, and color
    reminds me of a kid spinning in a spinny chair yelling Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

as for your new sugar intolerance... WELCOME TO PRIMAL HELL
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    You are exactly right Panda. That is the way a sugar rush should be; meaningful and decadent, filling the senses and making you feel alive. The next day the guilt and shame of such lustful debauchery are tempered by the thoughts of 'oh but it was so good, and worth every moment.' Not like the tawdry disappointment that comes after flirting with a cheap cookie or mass produced 'confection'.
    Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Amen! And all the more worthwhile an experience because we all got the benefit of a most entertaining post Full! Of! Colour! And! Excitement!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

DJY
    DJY is offline Junior Member
    Dear Panda--

Did not the sharing of desserts and therefore potential sharing of minor amounts of bodily fluids (sorry for that image) kick off significant "swine flu" alarms?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Pet rescue « Gardening after five

Had to show you this, Panda. Oh the trials of having an actual interest in things . . . This isn't even a terribly wierd topic. It doesn't appear that she mentioned that (I believe) this is one of the species that is in the habit of decapitating their mates. Now THAT would be an interesting conversation.
    That was funny! I would love for this person to have dinner with Lady Friend, who will sit in a lovely restaurant talking about All Sorts of Nasty in regards to sheep and equine care. And because this person will be entertaining Lady Friend back with bugs, I can take my dinner to another table and think about other things than egg sacs and the contents of abscesses.