Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    UPDATE:

Tuesday: 189.6
    Wednesday: 187.8
    Thursday: 187.2
    Friday: 185.8
    Saturday: 184.4
    Sunday: 184.4

Holding steady . . . I challenged my celebrated Math Genius against my LoseIt Phone App and it disagrees with my over 73% fat ratio and said I am at a paltry 69%. Hmph. Oh well, that's still higher than normal. Um . . . does anyone else get a return visit from Mistress GERD on a higher fat ratio? I've had two very mild visits.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i kinda gorged on duck fat last night and woke up with a sort of queasy stomach, i only get heartburn when i eat too much acidy food like tomato sauce

mind telling me what you ate for mistress gerd to show back up?

i'm not saying i'm right or anything, i'm just curious. cause i'm nosy
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    My trouble foods are ice cream, and hamburger buns. I love a bunless hamburger too, but there is something unique about a big, fat hamburger with a really good bun that is hard to resist sometimes. So I don't.

I also love really high-quality bread. There's nothing as good as a slice of hand-made sourdough, pan-toasted in Kerrygold and sprinkled with garlic.

Also, beer. Good beer. Like the KBC Blueberry Wheat Ale I picked up the other day, and have somehow miraculously managed to avoid breaking into so far. Probably because I had half of my fiancee's Kona Brewing Co. Wailua Wheat last night instead, LOL.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    mind telling me what you ate for mistress gerd to show back up?
    One night the most likely culprit was tomato sauce; I was just surprised because I hadn't had that much of it.

About the other night I remain baffled. Bacon, avocado, egg, steak, heavy cream . . . nothing unusual and that night Mistress GERD crept in with her sultry well hellllooo lash along my esophagus. Actually, it hardly qualified as a lash. I propped myself up on an extra pillow and after one more hey sailor, she went away. I'm used to going for months at a time without any visit at all.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    wow i don't even know (other than it sounds yummeh)

maybe she missed you, wanted to flog for old times sake
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    wow i don't even know (other than it sounds yummeh)

maybe she missed you, wanted to flog for old times sake
    Probably. I mean, after all, we used to have such a tight relationship. She must miss me. Oh, Mistress GERD, the fun you and I used to have night after night after night after night. I think I was her favorite client. So I understand if it is hard for her to move on.

DJY
    DJY is offline Junior Member
    Have to agree with beer as being a real problem "food" especially if I'm somewhere with a good IPA on tap....I'm doomed....but happy about it at the time. :-) My primal journey started on October 17th of this year and early on I would have said a glazed doughnut or glazed cinnamon bun but i actually had some of one of those recently after a bad day and couldn't even finish it. It tasted like it was plastic or something...wondering what I saw in them now actually...which is a wonderously good thing......

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    I've been mulling over my "problem food". It's not a food but a situation: food I already have (prepared). I can't buy anything I shouldn't eat, and that's not actually that difficult. But sometimes you just end up with stuff.

If it's not primal I can usually talk myself into throwing it out. The other thing I do is use the freezer, a lot. If it's frozen, I can't gobble it down on impulse. And if I have to prepare something then I have time to prepare something worthwhile, and will generally go ahead and make a satiating meal.

I can sometimes overeat primal just because I have a lot made. I have always liked leftovers, and I'm so frugal (read: obsessively tight-fisted) that I often make more than a meal's worth at a time. So, now I try not to defrost anything until the fridge is pretty empty, and not to move anything from the big freezer until the freezer compartment on the fridge has a good amount of space. Then I can more easily freeze leftovers when I make something too delicious to eat in reasonable portions (sweet potatoes).
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^Agreed on the situation problem. If we don't have sugar in the house, it's easy for me to not bother going out to buy some chocolate (though sometimes I do anyway because it's fun to make late-night trips with my boyfriend). I don't indulge in my boyfriend's junk food (ramen, chips) because they don't appeal to me, so that's easy at least. I am jealous of your obsessively tight-fisted nature!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

UPDATE:

Tuesday: 189.6
    Wednesday: 187.8
    Thursday: 187.2
    Friday: 185.8
    Saturday: 184.4
    Sunday: 184.4
    Monday: 185.0

Oh, high fat ratio, how cruel. To return me to my previous low and then strand me there. You have reduced me to an all-day long marathon of Dollhouse episodes.