Page 76 of 708 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176576 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 76

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyRoots View Post
    Money can be found for so many things, yet some basics are constantly neglected.
    I don't believe I've ever been so frustrated in any job as I was in education. It was humiliating to write that note to parents begging for snacks and classroom supplies like tissues; these were people working two Burger King jobs and fighting to make rent, they were paying out of pocket for extra services for their disabled children. And I couldn't even guarantee their children's safety in my classroom because we were overwhelmed with students who had very, very serious problems (some of whom were inappropriately placed into this class because their parents had threatened to sue otherwise, or the principal just needed somewhere to put them). I finally split the class into three groups who were never in the same room at the same time to cut down on the fighting and bullying.

But the district still saw fit to gift every teacher with a tote bag! (Note to District: Gay Panda did not want a tote bag. Gay Panda wanted the ten dollars that it was worth to buy crayons and snacks. Gay Panda never once used that ugly tote bag, and doesn't care if some portion of the money in the budget was allocated for teacher gifts. DIVERT IT TO MY NEEDY CLASSROOM.)

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I wish my body would just give me a print-out once a day of what it needs, rather than leaving me to guesswork.
    I shudder to think where that print-out may come out from . . .
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    I'm married to a Scorpio - does that count?

It's terrible that we can spend so much money on everything but education. We as a country are failing our children big time.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    But the district still saw fit to gift every teacher with a tote bag! (Note to District: Gay Panda did not want a tote bag. Gay Panda wanted the ten dollars that it was worth to buy crayons and snacks. Gay Panda never once used that ugly tote bag, and doesn't care if some portion of the money in the budget was allocated for teacher gifts. DIVERT IT TO MY NEEDY CLASSROOM.)
    my high school was always complaining about their low funding; however, they had the money to distribute pens that said "respect" on them to every student . sigh.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Panda - I have several friends who are teachers, one in particular teaches the same type of class you had. I empathize with your pain.I'm glad you got out when you did.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Dearest Gay Panda,
    I hope things are okay in your magical bamboo forest. I know you've been bracing yourself for some bad news, but I just wanted to say (and I'm sure the Panda Fans are with me) that we love you and your thought-provoking (sometimes barf-inducing) posts and look forward to hearing about your life soon!

xoxo
    Otter
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Dearest Gay Panda,
    I hope things are okay in your magical bamboo forest. I know you've been bracing yourself for some bad news, but I just wanted to say (and I'm sure the Panda Fans are with me) that we love you and your thought-provoking (sometimes barf-inducing) posts and look forward to hearing about your life soon!
    Indeed! Panda, I hope everything's ok. We all miss you! xxxxxx
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Dear Grandpa Simpson,

Please do not announce at Grandmother Friend's deathbed that you are bored. This makes Gay Panda want to kick you in the nuts.

Sincerely,
    Gay Panda

Dear Grandpa Simpson,

Also, please do not go through Grandmother Friend's belongings. She is not quite dead yet, and they still belong to her.

Sincerely,
    Gay Panda

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dear Grandpa Simpson,

In addition, please do not dump out the trash can hunting for valuables and things that can be donated.

Sincerely,
    Gay Panda