Page 7 of 715 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 7

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well that sounds like a perfect situation in which to do your sprints! Burst out the house (ululating like Xena, Warrior Princess), dodge flying poo, outrun the beagle. Then for your finisher climb up into the tree hooting like a rabid Ardipithecus and shake leaves into neighbor's pool.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a PandaMobile you can drive to a park where you can walk and sprint? I'm glad my neighbors are pretty nice - they bring me fruit from their trees, Armenian stuffed grape leaves and homemade chili paste. The only one I can't stand is the idiot who lets her dog and cat roam the street, waiting to get run over.

Gay Panda is online now Senior Member
    ottercat, that cracked me up. It is the perfect primal exercise for Gay Panda.

I will relocate to your neighborhood, HillsideGina. Maybe I'm just fussy, but I'd take homemade chili paste over hurled poo any day!

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Gay Panda,
    Your neighbors are certainly characters. I hope you are writing down all the various interactions so someday you can publish them (anonymously of course, as you are shy) and reap some rewards for your suffering.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

anjelevil is offline Senior Member
    Ha ha ha!!Straight jacket olympics..loved that one after a long day at work..reminds me of my work and of some of my colleagues.
    As for the treadmill..I run on mine..don't think there is anything wrong with that at all and as it works for me I will continue(primal or not it's better than nothing!)

girlarchitect, these people would not be believable in fiction! If I were to read them as characters in a book, I'd think the author was trying too hard. Having had normal neighbors up until now, Gay Panda comes to this problem completely unequipped.

anjelevil, I think we are outnumbered by a ratio of 2:1. For every lovely person I have met at work, there are two who are so disturbed or ridiculous that I don't understand how civilization has gotten this far. Yes, I'm looking at you, former boss Mr. Magazine Time. You aren't being paid to read People!

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    My dear,
    I learned a lot from the documentary "Food Matters" Welcome Should be on Netflix.
    Take care
    Toni
    Last edited by ToniWA; 09-06-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks, ToniWA! I will check it out . . . after Lady Friend confronts the Gauntlet of Crazy Neighbors to get my old Netflix to the mailbox.

Gay Panda has never felt attractive.

One night when I was 15, I was trapped in the car with the Perpetually Arguing Panda Parents and the Perpetually Sticky Panda Siblings. I don’t remember where we were going or why, but we had to pull over for some reason. I looked out the window in irritation, hearing my very least favorite song being played, and into paradise.

It was a party inside a restaurant, disco lights trailing about and a couple framed in the doorway. They were in their early twenties, a broad-shouldered guy in a well-fitted suit, and a girl in a shimmering golden dress with a luscious fall of dark hair. The guy made a joke, and the girl tipped her head back to laugh, and I remember the perfect line of her throat and how she reached out to grasp his arm. Then he smiled a lightning-fast, quicksilver smile, and it was gone.

They were not Hollywood gorgeous. Her best feature was her beautiful hair, which she played up, and her flaws were played down by the shimmering dress. His best feature was that smile, which turned a plain face into a handsome one, and the elegance of his suit. They were both fit and vibrant and glamorous, and I had never seen anything so hot.

I wanted to get out of the car. To be in a snazzy outfit of my own at that party, although I would’ve passed a twenty to the DJ to never play Red Red Wine EVER EVER AGAIN, and put on Funkytown instead. I wanted desperately to be half of a glamorous couple framed in a doorway with disco lights making our clothes twinkle. But 15 is so very, very far from 21, and I had to stay in the car listening to the zillionth stanza of the Panda Parents’ argument and avoiding the sticky paws of the Panda Siblings. It was not my time.

When it finally was my time, I had become obese. Gay Panda is not naturally confident, and could not find snazz-factor in extra-large clothes. Gay Panda could not have fit in a doorway with someone else, and all the superfluous bulk would have blocked the disco lights. Some people remain confident no matter what their body size, and that kind of confidence is very attractive. But Gay Panda is vain and Gay Panda admits it, and needs to look good first, and then the confidence follows.

Too much time has gone by for me to be youthful attractive. But maybe one day I will have a body of an average size and I will feel mature attractive, and then I will want to wear a snazzy outfit and pass that twenty to the DJ and groove on the dance floor to Funkytown, confident that I look fabulous.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sorry, Barb, I meant to say thank you days ago for recommending 5-HTP! I'll do some research on that today.

Page 7 of 715 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast