Page 68 of 703 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168568 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 68

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow if my 4 year old demanded to go to the toy store and told me to get my purse, I'd leave him in the car for the night in the driveway and lock the front door. That child is going to have a rough time in the real world for sure.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
    Wow if my 4 year old demanded to go to the toy store and told me to get my purse, I'd leave him in the car for the night in the driveway and lock the front door. That child is going to have a rough time in the real world for sure.
    If I had ever laid on the horn and yelled at my parents to hurry up and get me to the toy store, I would have been hauled out of the car, spanked, and sent to my room for the rest of the day.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    A friend of mine is a college professor. His students' mommies call him and attempt to negotiate better grades for their spawn.
    Ah well, every generation seems to bemoan the next for being lazy, shiftless and rude... and yet we seem to be doing ok.. right?
    [as I peruse MDA (instead of doing work) to get my Panda Fix...fuck off!]
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    A friend of mine is a college professor. His students' mommies call him and attempt to negotiate better grades for their spawn.
    Ah well, every generation seems to bemoan the next for being lazy, shiftless and rude... and yet we seem to be doing ok.. right?
    [as I peruse MDA (instead of doing work) to get my Panda Fix...fuck off!]
    That's hysterical. Lady Friend was talking to someone who works in HR, and he related the tidbit of a mother who would call to follow-up on her son's job interviews. She wanted to talk salaries, et cetera. Helicopter parenting doesn't stop once the adult child graduates from college. It just keeps going . . . and going . . .

I declare the aftermath of last Friday's debauchery officially ended. Bizarrely, my body suddenly shot down to 185.4. ??? Not that I'm complaining (NOT AT ALL).

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes, a refeed is what you need to get the ball rolling down the hill again, Panda!

I'm doing it regularly now after my workouts and it seems to be helping me get leaner again after a LONG stall where I was stuck at around 18% bf (which would be perfect if I had two X chromosomes, but unfortunately is still kinda chubby for a dude). It's too soon to tell for sure on the body fat front but I am feeling really good, and it's definitely helping my performance in the gym.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Whooooo!!! Go Pandaaa!!! *enthusiatically waves glittery pom poms around*
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

annierobic is offline Member
    Cyclic ketogenic diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This explains the refeeding. The way it was explained to me was that when you go on a diet to loose weight, your body responds as if you were starving to death. It slows down your weight loss because it doesn't know how long the famine will last. When you choose one meal a week to indulge, your body will reset itself back to thinking your back in normal circumstances, and it doesn't have to conserve anymore. I have been on this schedule for 2 years, and have lost 30 lbs and kept it off. I eat primal for all the other meals.

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    I did the same thing two days ago and this morning had lost 2 more pounds. I think your body doesn't know what the heck to make of this and so drops a few pounds just in case.

Debdoub is offline Member
    Panda - congrats on the loss!

If it takes a refeed, I will be seeing big losses on the scale then. I just spent a long weekend at my parents, celebrating their 50th anniversary and my daughter's 16th birthday. I ate enough for something like three nations and came home yesterday, feeling rather miserable. I did NOT hop on the scale this morning but figure I might be brave enough to do so on Friday. Might...

If I'd have laid on the horn, waiting for a parent to drive me to the store, you can bet I would still not be able to sit down, 40+ years later, from the spanking my father would have given me.