Page 672 of 717 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 672

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I have a terrible habit of letting my characters run waaaaay deeper than they were ever supposed to. A fun little space fantasy turned into an exploration of humanity and everything that entails possible trilogy. All because of a freaking side character I gave a little too much screen time. FML. Not really.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    All because of a freaking side character I gave a little too much screen time.
    It's always an entertaining shock when some minor character explodes onto the page and takes over a story! That's happened to me a few times. STOP HIJACKING THE BOOK.

And introducing the Panda Household's newest resident: Chewbacca the Mouse!!!

Currently chewing inside the walls and about to win a romantic date with the exterminator.

Vengeance will be mine, Chewie.

Unless you can sing like Fievel Mousekewitz, your ass is toast.

Gay Panda has a bad solution for when the same old recipes start to bore. I simply stop eating. I'll graze on walnuts and bacon when the situation becomes dire and otherwise ignore the fact that my soul is in a body, and a body has to eat in order to retain the soul. That is very annoying indeed. And it makes the people in my life nuts, because going for too long on too little makes me crabby and dizzy. And because my body isn't very reliable at employing its hormones to signal hunger, I often don't connect my bad mood and general malaise to lack of nourishment.

Lady Friend once yelled, "ARE YOU HUNGRY?"
    Gay Panda said sulkily, "No."
    Lady Friend then yelled, "HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU'VE EATEN?"
    . . . crickets . . .
    Gay Panda submitted with no grace. "Fine, then."

But today I am trying to be a mature panda, and thus Googled 'primal recipes' in the hopes that something would catch my eye. I knew nothing would (see previous statement about crabby) and the screen is vaguely swimming, but I stumbled into recipes for BACON PANCAKES and MINI BREAKFAST MEATLOAVES and other good things. I have made my grocery list and now I have to check out my bathroom window for paparazzi before I strip down for a shower so that I don't offend everyone at Whole Foods. And even though it is closing in on dinnertime, I will shuck conventions and make the meatloaves for dinner because I want to put the hardboiled eggs in the middle like the picture shows.

Or I will do that tomorrow. It depends on if the Whole Foods Hot Bar has a tub of its infamous Crusty Yellow Potatoes. Half of me wants to see them there. Half of me does not. I don't know why I flinch at touching a cart handle yet I eat food from a Hot Bar that fifty people could have stuck their nasty, germy paws in before I arrived at the store. I love you anyway, potatoes.

I hope the meatloaves turn out well. I need to be strong for the weekend when I have to do one of my least favorite activities: hike. This is when my work sucks, because research requires it. I already bought snazzy* hiking boots and Lady Friend wouldn't let me buy bear spray.

So if one appears, it's on her.
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 11-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.

* Snazzy = the Grimmest Pair of Hiking Boots you ever saw. They are dark. They are a grumpy shape with a petulant tongue. And I love them dearly because they reflect how I feel about what they will be for.

Lady Friend also got boots, but hers have a cheerful, grating orange streak. She loves hiking.

I suppose it's a little disingenuous to say that that conversation about when I ate last only happened with Lady Friend once.

Once plus a few hundred more might be more to the truth.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I have made my grocery list and now I have to check out my bathroom window for paparazzi before I strip down for a shower so that I don't offend everyone at Whole Foods.
    Just swipe the nasty bits and shove your hair under a hat. Not that I would ever do that.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Just swipe the nasty bits and shove your hair under a hat. Not that I would ever do that.
    Alas, I read your advice too late! Now I am clean. But I cleverly tricked* Lady Friend into meeting me at Whole Foods later on this afternoon, so she can push the cart.

* It was neither clever nor a trick. I will make her bacon pancakes in exchange for risking swine flu from the cart handle.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Many of the people at my Whole Foods smell so natural, I doubt a smelly Panda would bother anyone, unless you smell like old man ass. Everyone is bothered by that except other smelly old men.

It is Dungeness crab season!