Page 670 of 703 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672680 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 670

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i've heard the love of a panda is the greatest love of all
    That must be why my Psycho Ex was so reluctant to let me go.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you had one too?

i should buy you nachos so we can commiserate

'the a-hole sucked'
    'amen'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you had one too?

i should buy you nachos so we can commiserate
    NACHOS. Mmmmm....... I think when I'm done irritating my favorite poster in our other thread, I might have to fetch them.

Obviously, I am unmotivated to work today.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    consider today a day off to fuel your brain with glucose via nacho refeed
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    The principal forwarded it to the school board, who contacted me and asked if I would testify against him in court. I said yes. I wasn't brave enough at age 15 to say anything, but at 21 I was in a different place. I hated to think of him walking back into that classroom, triumphant that he really COULD do anything, and just continue on.

He dropped his lawsuit.
    You frigging rule, Panda.

babyfist.jpg
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

BeachTeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    (The HMO endo, on the other hand, is having a fit that I'm on Synthroid when the problem is CLEARLY depression.)

No Panda Points to HMO endo.
    My brother's doctor told him he just had anxiety when he started having problems getting the words in his head to come out of his mouth. Turns out, he had a brain tumor pressing on his language center instead.

Needless to say, I don't much trust doctors. Not after Dr. Douchebag's diagnosis of my brother that almost killed him.
    I blog about living life to the fullest at The Hairy Edge. Check it out! (Or not. We can still be friends. )

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Douchebag
    Applicable to about 90% of the doctors out there. After my mother died, I got a call from a social worker from the hospital that employed her primary care physician. When I called her doctor, "a waste of tuition," you could hear the crickets on the other end of the phone.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Yesterday was a Computer Meltdown at the Panda Household. Unfortunately, yesterday was also the day I was trying to publish a Zombies volume. While I lobbed tech spells furiously at my laptop (and Lady Friend did likewise from thirty thousand feet above Nevada in an airplane), the situation only went from bad to worse.

Lady Friend ungallantly accused ME of being at fault* and questioned the expiration date on my cauldron contents for the spell. How long had it been since I refreshed my powdered eye of newt? Had I been refrigerating the dragon scales or just letting them sit in the pantry? And were the dead manís toes snipped from a man who was really dead or just mostly dead? In umbrage, I retorted that the ingredients to my brews were not the problem. So I didnít know why every time we tried to publish the book, the computer dredged up an outdated copy of it and attempted to publish that instead. That would have been very embarrassing indeed, since there was a typo that rendered Ďintoí into Ďbintoí. But that was an error** I caught weeks ago, and the laptop was determined to shame me by making it public knowledge***.

Finally, Lady Friend realized the problem was on HER end****. She explained what her computer was doing with its cache, using a lot of big words and impressive jargon to befuddle me, but to sum it up, the altitude was affecting the quality of her hemlock root*****. She stirred her cauldron an extra three times counter-clockwise while locked into the airplaneís restroom and tried again.

We think it worked. Iím 99.9% convinced. The Preview option looked correct, although it loaded so slowly that I couldnít check every page. The spell-check function didnít find a treacherous binto. So I have my fingers and dead manís toes crossed that this is indeed the final version. I could buy the book myself and read it today, but Iím simply so sick of it that that will have to wait for tomorrow.

My computer is still having a meltdown about other issues. So I am off to Whole Foods to buy primal snacks for Lady Friend as bribes, so she fixes it after work. I should also probably shop for myself since Iíve spent the last five days living off bacon and walnuts.

One day, Iíll master the spell that produces a personal chef. One day.

UPDATE: (in explanation of *, **, ***, ****, and *****)

* In her defense, nine times out of ten, Gay Panda is at fault.

** I don’t know where that stupid extra b came from. I think I must have hit the b key just to wake up my computer one day, and it transcribed it into the file.

*** Which I just did anyway here in FABULOUS.

**** This is my one and only opportunity when it comes to tech to say I TOLD YOU SO, LADY FRIEND. Ahhhhh. That felt good. And it will never happen again.

***** It wasn’t. That’s just the only way I can explain it to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTeach View Post
    My brother's doctor told him he just had anxiety when he started having problems getting the words in his head to come out of his mouth. Turns out, he had a brain tumor pressing on his language center instead.

Needless to say, I don't much trust doctors. Not after Dr. Douchebag's diagnosis of my brother that almost killed him.
    Well done, Doctor Douchebag. Well done.

It's frightening to have your health care managed by luck of the draw. When Lady Friend decided to smash her knee into itty-bitty pieces a few years ago, her ER doctor was an absolute jackass. But her surgeon? He was a jewel and her physical therapist was equally wonderful.

It was similar when Mother Panda had an aneurysm. Some of her healthcare team was good. The rest of it sucked. (I'm looking at YOU, Dr. K. Checking in one time in one month at the rehab center was all you did. It became a joke that he was just invisible.)

My non-HMO endo looked over my scant medical history and said, "You don't really like doctors, do you?" I didn't know how to answer that. Some of them have ended up making my problems worse with their treatments, so I go as little as possible. Unless I have an abscess (that was so gross). Or have been poisoned with RAID (thank you, Panda Sibling).