Last edited by ksettle70; 07-16-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Oh, Book Thief, you strike again! I know you read FABULOUS and I was going to say something snarky, but then I reconsidered. I am going to be sitting in a car for nine hours today, traveling to the Magical Land of Comic-Con. Long drives make me grouchy, and perversely inclined to reward you. So I hope you enjoyed the zombies book and here are some behind-the-scenes Fun Facts:
1. In Zaley's first chapter, her father says something thoroughly reprehensible about the dishwasher. Oh yes, THAT line. You know which one I'm talking about. THAT line came right out of Father Panda's mouth when Gay Panda was a cub. Young Gay Panda had a face like this:
2. Brennan's chapters were the hardest to write; Micah's were the easiest. What this says about me is likely not flattering, since one character is a very nice person and the other is a sociopath, albeit a benign one.
3. The name 'Cloudy Valley' is a joke, since The Sigils series had a 'Sunny Valley'.
4. In Austin's first chapter, he spots a store in San Francisco selling the odd combination of DVDs and shoes. This was based on a store I saw in southern California fourteen years ago which sold the odd combination of videotapes and shoes. I never could make any sense of it.
5. I had a teacher in high school just like Elania's dreaded Mr. Baylor. She taught geometry by simply reading the text out loud to us, and then making the examples bigger on the board. Making something big doesn't clarify anything, but she fervently believed that it did.
Well, Book Thief, wish me well on the drive. And look at the time! I was able to get up like a normal panda today. Maybe the Synthroid is at last kicking in.
Last edited by Gay Panda; 07-17-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Telling me that you wouldn't like to take Synthroid because you don't think medication is natural isn't being supportive. If I could cure my thyroid with scented candles and positive thoughts and affirmations, I would have done so already.
But thank you for your unsolicited opinion.
i noticed you went to comic con without me
i noticed you didn't ask me if i wanted to go
i noticed you didn't come pick me up
i am highly offended. HIGHLY.
i and my own unnatural drugs will be over in here in tennessee, in a snit
yeah you are
I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Iím gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj
She gets bored on long car rides and also thinks that Gay Panda needs to get out and see Real People more often. So she is going to Comic-Con itself one day this weekend and on the other day, we are doing some of the five million activities around Comic-Con. So this is why YOU are not going to Comic-Con with me. Blame Lady Friend. Heartless Lady Friend.
I tortured her for many hours on the drive with awful indie books on Amazon. I think she is sorry that she brought me.