Page 63 of 703 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163563 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 63

englishrose is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lady Friend, upon renouncing 20 years of vegetarianism and taking up primal in April, immediately began to put on muscle. She had eaten little protein until then and has an incredibly active job, and while she was muscled before, now she is Muscled. Her body may struggle to use its fat, but it was clearly starving for protein.
    I am only about 7lbs from my goal weight, I suppose. (having lost a lot by cals in/cals out, but I was having to eat only dust, to maintain that weight....) enter MDA.

I also am a big big fan of lifting heavy things.... and regularly put some of the men to shame at the gym with my epic deadlifts. Maybe it is muscle. Yes. this is what I will tell myself. I think I will also get Looshkin to hide my tape measure. As that is also not my friend. I will get there. And I will get horribly clawed in the process.

anjelevil is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the losses of late..hope pizza goes well and you do not feel a serious carb bloat!

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    WOW. Mind is blown. Was getting loads of traffic from this site so had to come check it out. I had no idea this forum existed *happy dance* Thanks so much for the mention mate! *naked hug
    I love your site! I salivate at the food pictures.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Don't disappear, Gay Panda! <waves>
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

dickzark is offline Member
    dear gay panda
    i have been away fromthe forum for only two days and have had to read four pages . This is by far the best of the journals keep up the good words and keep away from those nasty carbs .
    ps im also a wall flower but i am forced to talk to people so im getting better with it .
    cheers richard

phreebie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I can't believe you read 600+ posts! And all these years later, I'm still flabbergasted that my Aunt Panda would go through applications and toss the Scorpios. People agonize over their resumes/applications looking for the problems that got them turned down, and they would NEVER GUESS in some instances that it was the month and day of their birth. That is how arbitrary it can be. Flagrant astrological discrimination! So I had to retaliate for the sake of Scorpios with a November-born heroine in my writing.
    Whilst it stems from an old joke I do think there is some merit in the practice of automatically discarding half of the resumes without reading them.

This prevents one from hiring unlucky people.

Because Gay Panda is a Very Very Sensitive Flower in the matter of carbohydrates, and fascinated by the science experiment that is my body, I thought last night that it might be interesting to post my weight before today’s celebration, and the devastating consequences over the weekend and into next week. How much water can one panda retain? How long will it take me to lose? How bad will the cravings be? Will I forsake all control? How long until I regain it? We are about to find out.

Friday Weight: 187.2

Okay. There it is. I feel like I’m taking my seat on a roller coaster and the attendant who checks the safety bar has just leaned over to say, “Oh, the bar is broken on this seat. Just hang on real tight when the track goes upside down. You should be fine.”
    “Maybe I shouldn’t-” I reply, but then he presses GO on his control board.

Psychologists reading this are no doubt thinking that this is Gay Panda’s way of shifting the blame for what is about to come on an imaginary employee at a theme park. Yes, I am. It’s his fault. Deflection is such a negative word for helping oneself maintain a pure and faultless self-image. And who doesn’t want to be pure and faultless? Do you have any idea how as a cub I wished that I could be Melanie Hamilton Wilkes of Gone With The Wind?

But in my heart lives cynical Rhett Butler, seeing the seedy side of people where Melanie saw only the virtue. She lived her entire life in that bizarre Katy Perry video where fireworks pop out of chests to represent the bravery and nobility in the human spirit. I want to be like that, I want to see the world that way, and then I read the news. The news insists on reflecting the worst of humanity, endless stories about what someone has done to fizzle the fireworks on someone else. This is why some days Gay Panda can’t stand to read the news, and goes to YouTube instead to watch cat videos of that adorable Maru jumping in and out of boxes. Should you ever need a palate cleanser for your brain, watch ‘Maru and the Giant Box!’ followed by ‘Many too small boxes and Maru’.

This is an unorthodox celebration that happens twice a year; it has no central location. We drive around in the magical bamboo forest and sample clothing stores and restaurants and candy stores and theaters and miniature golf at will. I just want to enjoy myself, so I ate a primal breakfast and am throwing up my hands for the rest of it. For today, I will maintain a pure and faultless self-image through deflection. I don’t want to say no, and fortunately, the theme park employee took the matter out of my hands entirely.

He pressed the button before I could switch to a safer seat in the primal row. I am not responsible. I am a helpless victim who tripped and face planted in a giant bean and cheese burrito slathered with red sauce. Then my Prius decided all on its own to visit the candy store where the red cinnamon bears and Reese’s Pieces live, and there was nothing I could do about it. I’m just following the roller coaster track, and if it stops at Baskin Robbins for ice cream cake, or at the Best Pizza Place ever, I am at its mercy.

The waiter delivered the margarita to my table by accident. I have no idea how that chocolate bar appeared in my hand. Those mashed potatoes were asking for it. I didn’t choose that can of soda; that can of soda chose me! Bread dropped out of Valhalla and straight into my mouth. It would be rude to turn down a piece of cake. And I hate to be rude. So here we are, ducklings, in my morning of Primal Abandon. I bid you adieu.

GO.

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member

Wizards & Underpants

If someone came up to me and told me they liked wizards and underpants my mind would automatically go to my BFF who would tell me that the giant sign on my forehead that says "I attract weirdos" would be flashing.

Enjoy your carb feast!

STOP.

Oh Valhalla.

Never again.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Oh Valhalla.

Never again.
    Good lesson, well learned. Now forget about it and enjoy your recuperation weekend!
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal