Page 629 of 717 FirstFirst ... 129529579619627628629630631639679 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 629

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    It is bedtime. I can read no more of these reviews, although one was truly wonderful. It stated that a magical creature who sparkles and refuses to drink human blood is not a vampire. It is a PIXIE.

LOL.
    Sleep well!

Interesting considering I've read some pretty dark fairy tales where those Pixies certainly were interested in blood.
    Evil little bastages.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    ^I've read that too. The darker origins of fairy tales are pretty interesting to me. The Fae were not always cast in such a happy sparkly light. You had to leave tithes and stuff so they wouldn't kill your crops!

Speaking of, I highly enjoyed the Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marillier. Some of it is a little too girl-must-rescue-boy-from-himself, but I like the characters.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    He could have at least brought two.

And is that a five-star, number one ranking I spy? Congratulations, GayPanda!
    LOL. Yes, one cucumber for the salad, and one cucumber for tossing the . . . never mind.

And thank you! It was awesome while it lasted.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    And this other reviewer feels cheated, since she went to the actual Forks and there's nothing there!!!

Was she expecting vampires?
    As a person who has wandered through Forks, WA several times, and often passed through it (while driving the "Hoquiam-Forks Freeway"), I wouldn't expect too many vampires there. Now, the werewolves, yeah, I can see those.

Silly writer. Vampires don't like to MOLD.

For research on a book today, I had to read an article called "The 8 Kinds of Shovels". Then I read the comments. My favorite was: "Which type of shovel is the best to kill zombies with?"

Earth/Sky is currently 372 pages. Since no good book is over 300 pages, I am just going to lop off the last 72 and call it a day.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Don't leave us hanging! Which shovel IS the best for killing zombies?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Don't leave us hanging! Which shovel IS the best for killing zombies?!
    Someone answered the question with "the one that runs on gun-powder".

ksettle70 is offline Junior Member
    UPDATE: (in explanation of all those asterisks)

* And now the poor hygienists are used to Panda’s hallucinations, which invariably lead to accusations that they are all prison guards but I am a vampire so be very, very afraid. And please turn off the radio because I hate Jewel.**

** No, Jewel is not actually playing. I just think she is. It’s the nitrous.

*** Drooling and tangled up in the sheets.

**** In a cheese-less world, I end sentences with ‘to’. If you do not like it, take it up with my evil endocrinologist.

***** And sleep, to be fair. And a six-hour marathon of Drop Dead Diva Season Three.

****** I have officially been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. This is not fabulous.
    HA! Me, too! About 9 years ago... synthroid does not help you lose weight, it just keeps you from gaining a ton when the slow side takes over.... and the older you get, the more the slow side takes over... O to be in my 30's when the last the fast side took over and I lost 150 lbs in 6 months. I thought I was FABULOUS. Then it did a quick U-Turn and came back with a vengeance. However, I did get cleared for bariatric surgery because of it. Fat lot of good that surgery did! Just take your meds faithfully and maybe you won't lose too much hair. It grows back!

ksettle70 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ksettle70 View Post
    HA! Me, too! About 9 years ago... synthroid does not help you lose weight, it just keeps you from gaining a ton when the slow side takes over.... and the older you get, the more the slow side takes over... O to be in my 30's when the last the fast side took over and I lost 150 lbs in 6 months. I thought I was FABULOUS. Then it did a quick U-Turn and came back with a vengeance. However, I did get cleared for bariatric surgery because of it. Fat lot of good that surgery did! Just take your meds faithfully and maybe you won't lose too much hair. It grows back!
    sorry. please let me introduce myself. I am a lurker. I have been reading this blog and I feel your pain. At 7 years old, I was put on antibiotics for one year per doctors orders due to consistent strep throat. My first school pic after that shows a fatter, blown up tic version of me. Years later, I was struggling as a teen with several ED's due to trying to lose weight, a life long struggle. I did over aerobics (go Flashdance albumen!)* and only lost weight when I was starving and working out like a "maniac". I struggled my whole life until, I was 325 lbs. I thought I was the problem. I walked and took ephedra until I could walk no more. I felt like a total failure because I could not keep the weight off. I went to the doctor for exhaustion. I had lost 150 lbs in 6 months and she checked and re-checked my charts to make sure I was the same patient. She held out a piece of paper and I could not keep it steady. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I went into a back slide (thanks thyroid!) and gained back to 284. I was on 300 mcg of Synthroid and still had thyroid storms. I was cleared for bariatric surgery in March 2007. I lost very slow, I was crushed. I was not a success story. Eventually, I lost enough to be at 175 lbs. And my body TANKED. I began the upward crawl to 240 lbs. even though I was starving, working my ass off, and going to Weight Watchers (losers!) and I was still crawling. I gave up wheat, and then through this website, all grains. NO CHANGE. I thought hard.. What if, when I was seven, the docs unknowingly killed all my flora, good and bad. What if, I took probiotics, I could lose?
    I have been taking Primal Flora for 2.5 weeks. I am down 6 lbs with no changes to my diet. This makes sense! My gut flora had been wiped out when I was 7 and my family heredity gave my a thyroid disease. Did I mention I live near TMI? So much pain not necessary. I have made the medical industry a LOT of money.

* Flash back to Grease2... Albumens!