Page 62 of 708 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 62

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    meeting a wizard interested in underpants would give me permission to ask all the questions i want, one of which is usually 'have you ever been to prison?' and ' how would you survive the zombie apocalypse?'. these are the kinds of things i want to ask, to get to know someone
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Debdoub is offline Member
    The word "underpants" bothers me so much that I would be hard pressed to hide the shudder and gag reflex I have when hearing or reading it. Now, if he said "underwear", I'd be good to go and probably ask him "what the hell are you talking about?"

I am a shy introvert who enjoys the heck out of observing everyone, making all kinds of comments in my head about each and everyone. Yep, some snarky, some nice, I just can't shut off the inner dialogue. And I'm sure my imagination is so much better than what is really going on, anyway.

Gay Panda is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJY View Post
    I'm a primal noob having only read (compliments of iBooks and 9.99 plus tax) PB last week and begun my primal journey as of this past Monday -- day 4..whoo hoo! -- and I have to say that I have had a tremendous time reading your journal. It is the first time I can ever remember being interested enough to stick with someone through 600+ posts and I don't plan on missing any of the new ones. Your wit and writing style are sparkling and I've laughed out loud many times (BTW..I refuse to use "LOL" I think I'm too old for it..but BTW is fine of course). I don't have a lot to say primal-related yet since it is so new to me and I prefer to have lived it for a while so I can at least feel like I have some experience to support any opinion I develop but I do think you should be proud of your weight loss--you're doing great. One thing I do feel like I can comment on is fantasy writing as I've been reading the genre almost exclusively for over 30 years now -- not counting school or professional reading of course. I've hundreds of books in my library and have what I think are pretty refined tastes in this area and like to think I can spot a winner when I read them. You haven't graced us with any of your professional writing yet but I believe your level of success with your fantasy works is unlimited. I'd love to read what you've written if/when you are ready to tell us. LMK (which is in the bucket with BTW as opposed to LOL in case you are keeping track) if you'd care to trade author recommendations as I have some can't miss options for fantasy fans--we'd then of course have to debate the merits of said choices. Can't wait for the next Panda journal installment. Closing note--I'm a male Scorpio so possibly in line for some grief about that based on the responses of the fine folks who follow you and comment here. We're not all bad...really.....
    I can't believe you read 600+ posts! And all these years later, I'm still flabbergasted that my Aunt Panda would go through applications and toss the Scorpios. People agonize over their resumes/applications looking for the problems that got them turned down, and they would NEVER GUESS in some instances that it was the month and day of their birth. That is how arbitrary it can be. Flagrant astrological discrimination! So I had to retaliate for the sake of Scorpios with a November-born heroine in my writing.

Thank you for all of your kind words about my writing; I'm having such fun keeping this journal. If my series ever gets picked up by a publisher, I might reveal my name here (or, to protect me from being sued by Poo Hurler, leave a confusing set of clues that a reader can decipher if interested) but the publishing world is very competitive and I have no idea if it will ever happen. Trying to get published is like trying to shoot a moving target in the dark. A lot of it comes down just to luck.

Congratulations on reaching day 4! I hope that primal goes well for you, and I should have a long, regretful post for you to enjoy next Monday about my carb binge.

Quote Originally Posted by englishrose View Post
    Greetings Gay Panda, all the way from the never ever sunny North of England.

I have happily spent the last 3 afternoons at work being "swamped with work at my desk" reading your journal, and now I am finished I feel I really need to comment. So, here goes...

Ive been 100% primal for just over a month now and I've lost not one tiny bit of weight. Thats much less than even 1lb a week! (I'm hoping its just some type of "metabolism reprogramming, and I'll wake up half a stone lighter, one day..) Dunno what train I'm on....

I am Scorpio, and proud. I really believe we are the most unstable and crazy of all the signs. Ands its ace. "Scorpio" also sounds like a comic book evil nemesis, which is cool.

I also remember every single embaressing thing that I said/did since I was old enough to remember. Ever single time I put my hand up in class and got the answer wrong. Every time I didnt put my hand up but had to answer anyway, and was wrong. Every time people laughed, and they were not supposed to. Sometimes when Im feeling very self critical I'll sit and scroll through these times and remind myself that Im no where near the type of person I dream of being, and no, I shouldnt go out. Yes I should stay in, in my very own giant fleecy jammies (with pictures of little robins on) and watch True Blood episodes back to back while comfort eating (all primal foods, of course.......)

I also have 2 kitties - one could be a primal coach, and one could not. Looshkin, named after a favourite comic character, is lean, sleek, intelligent and a perfect hunter gatherer. she does not eat bacon, she catches her own. She drinks raw chicken blood, and her response to laziness is a claw in the face. Its kill or be killed, in her world. UNless its frosty outside, and then she will accept a warm and cosy place beneath the duvet.
    Hello, englishrose in the never ever sunny North of England! Now I have two people right in a row who read through this entire journal. And they are both Scorpios. That cracks me up.

Doctor Panda, whose degree came out of a cereal box, ponders why you have not lost anything in a month. Lady Friend has a good amount to lose but her body seems to have trouble accessing it. Are you already close to your goal weight, in which case it's usually harder for everyone? Or maybe something is reprogramming. My body has now gone through two three-to-four week stretches where it has not lost anything. I don't know what's going on in there, but what kept me sane both times was that I measure once a week. The scale may not have shown progress, but I still saw small-to-large losses in my measurements. I have records going back to mid-May, every single Sunday morning.

Lady Friend, upon renouncing 20 years of vegetarianism and taking up primal in April, immediately began to put on muscle. She had eaten little protein until then and has an incredibly active job, and while she was muscled before, now she is Muscled. Her body may struggle to use its fat, but it was clearly starving for protein.

I like what you said about scrolling through bad memories, that is exactly what my brain was doing last night at two in the morning. Time for a scroll! I am secretly glad when Benign Poltergeist picks that time to taunt Primal Coach Kitty; it knocks my brain out of its loop to break up a feline/undead battle. Love that my kitty is not alone in being a primal coach, you have one too!

finn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ItinerantChild View Post
    Oh Panda, i love your stories. Although I can't quite get my head round you not being able to roast a Jean-Cluck. Maybe I am getting old? Strewth, I am getting old! Damn it. I have just realized that I am 52. That is old by anyone's standards.

And then I remember that you have been a veggie for a long time - and chucking chicks clucks into the oven is not your scene.

Mind you, I am crap at cooking. Total crap. And this new Primal thing is challenging my crapedness. I have found one wonderful site that helps me with my lack of cooking skills. Modern Paleo Warfare

They bring the sex back into cooking! Give it a bash and see what you think.
    WOW. Mind is blown. Was getting loads of traffic from this site so had to come check it out. I had no idea this forum existed *happy dance* Thanks so much for the mention mate! *naked hug

Quote Originally Posted by Pineneedles View Post
    Oh Panda, what an amazing writer you are. I'm a shy introvert too and your descriptions of what goes round in your head when hearing small talk is just spot on. I've been trying to learn how to do it and ask people about their "trappings" only to make a horrendously dull first impression and bore them and myself in the process. Just can't do it. If there was one magic button I could choose to push it would be to make it easier for me to relate to people. I can't even do it online.
    Thanks! It's interesting for me to talk to the extroverts in my life, who have such a different approach to people than we shy introverts. Extroverted Lady Friend had always thought the quiet ones in a crowd were snobbish or unfriendly or judging her in some way, and now realizes after Gay Panda that most of us are perfectly friendly but just don't communicate in the same fashion that she does.

Small talk slaughters me. And, the boredom of it aside, there is really no way to prepare. One can memorize a script: Hi. How are you? What do you do? What school did you go to? Where are you from? But this isn't helpful in the real-time of a conversation, where it will naturally deviate or continue on with more stock questions. I don't know why anyone would care where I did my schooling, or how this is interesting. Perhaps the difference is that extroverted Lady Friend sees a person from the outside-in, trappings to person, and I want to see from the inside-out. But this is not how small talk proceeds.

And you related just fine in this post, so don't be hard on yourself!

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    WOW. Mind is blown. Was getting loads of traffic from this site so had to come check it out. I had no idea this forum existed *happy dance* Thanks so much for the mention mate! *naked hug
    Coolness. Welcome!
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

DJY
    DJY is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Flagrant astrological discrimination! So I had to retaliate for the sake of Scorpios with a November-born heroine in my writing.
    Yah! Scorpio heroine!!!

ItinerantChild is offline Junior Member
    Finn Sweetie, www.modentpaleowarfare.com is the dog's bollocks. Now do you still want to borrow my frocks or what?

Lilyheart is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dear Panda, This is the power of your journal! Modern Paleo Warfare has been linked many many times in this forum, but only when posted to your journal do they take notice of the traffic and come for a visit!