Page 618 of 708 FirstFirst ... 118518568608616617618619620628668 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 7071

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 618

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I put this over in GOTD, but I'll add it here, too.

I have had the misfortune of being at restaurants with children completely out of control while their parents ignore them. Yesterday, however, the child was completely fine and it was GRAMMA who was being too loud.

RANDOM SOUND: WOOOO-WOOOO-WOOOO!!!
    Panda looks over.
    GRAMMA: WOOO-WOOO! I'M DOING IT! LOOK AT YOUR HAIR!
    Gramma is waving a finger around the head of a boy approximately ten years old.
    KID: stares at Gramma silently
    GRAMMA: WOOOOOO! I'M MAKING YOUR HAIR CURLY! WOOOOOOOOOO!
    KID: stares at Gramma silently
    GRAMMA: I DID IT!!! IT'S ALL CURLY! WOOOO! (bursts into loud laughter)
    KID: stares at Gramma silently, then looks in silent plea to mother

??????

It was a fancy restaurant. There were actually two children at that table, the boy and a girl roughly the same age, and they had absolutely lovely manners. It was all Weird Gramma.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Anyone read The Shuddering by Ania somethingorother? This book had me freaked out to the very end... like bad dreams, hearing things go bump in the night, freaked out. Just wondering what the Literary Council thinks of it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Anyone read The Shuddering by Ania somethingorother? This book had me freaked out to the very end... like bad dreams, hearing things go bump in the night, freaked out.
    I have not read that! Right now I'm halfway through Dracula and hating when long passages are written in dialect. I'm going to have to read the description on Wikipedia to have any hope of figuring out the last three pages.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you don't being an author and all ( ) but if you have a Kindle and a Prime membership, you can "borrow it" for free. Took me about 4 nights in bed to get through it. After about the midway point, I couldn't put it down b/c it scared the crap out of me so much that I just wanted to finish it. My heart was racing 75% of the time and I wanted to turn on lights as I walked through the house and was constantly looking out the windows expecting to see what the author was describing. So freaky! I'm a huge Stephen King fan, and personally, the scare factor in this book put him to shame. I also think the author did a good job of describing things and "putting me there" in the scene with the way she wrote... but I'm not an author so I don't know enough or have a large enough vocabulary to critique too well. I like mindless reading and stuff that makes me want to keep reading... she didn't make me think, and kept me wanting to read.

I still have not finished reading Dracula... I'm about halfway through, I think... The dialect you mention makes me think too hard...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Maybe I just respond best to tough love. That swim coach never fell to insults, she just lived by the hard press (expressed in heavily accented shouts that could be heard from every point in the Olympic-size pool we swam in). You don't like what to see? Then change it. No excuses, Gay Panda!

Lady Friend is much more of a mentor, but even she has the Stern Voice, which she has used on me effectively many times.

Dear Gay Panda,
    I have just discovered your journal, and have now lost an entire afternoon AT WORK reading it, finding myself alternately laughing and feeling my heart ache for you. I have now got to do some work but please know I greatly appreciate your writerly talent. It's like discovering a new book- such a treat!

Also- your earlier comment about mispronouncing words (of 2 years ago, but only a few hours ago for me!) made me think of the link below, wherein many people recount their pronunciation errors. You are not alone!

yes and yes: 5 Words I've Been Mispronouncing Until, Well, Now

Quote Originally Posted by Brad6ford View Post
    I hope all of your posts aren't this mundane!
    Dear Brad6ford,

You are so sweet to drop by! Sadly, mundane posts might be shooting too high because I am returning to the endocrinologist on Wednesday, where two things are sure to happen:

1. I will be charged an insane amount for parking.
    2. My medication will be raised.

If things go like the last two times, darling Brad6ford, I will promptly fall asleep for the next 7-10 days. (Due to #2, not #1 above. #1 just makes my wallet sad.) So I am announcing this now to you, in expectation that I am going to vanish into Synthroid Snoozing until the middle of the month when the panda body at last adjusts. The Zombies: Volume One will be free on Amazon from July 8th-12th. (The Zombies: Volume Two is also out.) And I know how much you love zombies, Brad6ford. There's something just so romantic about them, isn't there? Let other people drool after sparkling vampires and shirtless werewolves, give me a good old decaying zombie in my bed any day of the week.

Wish me dreams of bamboo and misty forests and neighbors who do not throw cat poo in the road, Brad6ford. Wish me dreams of six heroic zombies fighting against oppressive human overlords. And wish me the ability to waken sooner rather than later, like Snow White or Sleeping Beauty after their poisonings, except I'd rather you give me bacon than deliver true love's kiss. It's nothing personal, Brad6ford. Panda is just waiting for the right zombie to come along, and you are depressingly human.

Love,
    Gay Panda

Quote Originally Posted by heatherp View Post
    I have just discovered your journal, and have now lost an entire afternoon AT WORK reading it, finding myself alternately laughing and feeling my heart ache for you. I have now got to do some work but please know I greatly appreciate your writerly talent. It's like discovering a new book- such a treat!

Also- your earlier comment about mispronouncing words (of 2 years ago, but only a few hours ago for me!) made me think of the link below, wherein many people recount their pronunciation errors. You are not alone!

yes and yes: 5 Words I've Been Mispronouncing Until, Well, Now
    And I'm going to KEEP on mispronouncing those words!!!

It always makes me happy to know that I helped people accomplish nothing at work for hours. Thank you for reading.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Let other people drool after sparkling vampires and shirtless werewolves, give me a good old decaying zombie in my bed any day of the week.
    Other than some disparaging remark about my ex, I got nothin'. I just wanted to see that sentence on its own. heh
    Last edited by JoanieL; 07-01-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Other than some disparaging remark about my ex, I got nothin'. I just wanted to see that sentence on its own. heh
    That quote!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was so in the groove of writing back to Brad6ford that my YUCK reaction to that line was seriously delayed.