Page 614 of 703 FirstFirst ... 114514564604612613614615616624664 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 614

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Well, I have noticed that everyone I've seen that likes it is on the less intelligent end of the scale, but . . .

Ok, I don't actually have an argument for that
    That made me snort/laugh and I'm not usually a snorter.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    are you getting rid of blue light after sunset? Get those great amber safety glasses to wear!
    Is there NO LIGHT at ALL in your sleeping cave?
    Are you getting your daily "exercise" (let's say moving activities) early in the day?
    Are you avoiding all stimulants (coffee, black tea, cigs, Johnny Depp posters) after 3pm? (if yes, maybe noon?)
    Are you saving your starches for dinner only?
    NO LIGHT in my bamboo forest! And I have never heard of those amber glasses! I am going to check those out.

It could have been a side effect of the Synthroid, but then last night I slept absolutely fine. ???

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    (I know, I know, I need to talk about more things than FSOG, but my brain is stuck on it for now.)
    LOL.

It's okay. I still chew over that book at random moments, trying to determine what exactly about it disturbed me so much. (Besides the relentless repetitions of oh my and my inner goddess and DOUBLE CRAP and that she's an idiot savant virgin sex goddess.) I know some of my discomfort was borne of the Extremely Damaged Little Boy Soul being played up as very attractive, and that it could be healed to some degree through BDSM sex. She's so bizarrely desperate to please this outrageously controlling man and maybe that just bugs me personally since I find Extremely Damaged Little Child Souls in adult forms more frightening than erotic. The most broken people I've met are black holes. You can pour all the love and time and sex and attention and affirmations that you want into them, and all you're doing is getting ripped apart by the tidal forces of their projected psychological malfunctions. They can't be fixed. You'll only break with them.

Keep in mind, I only skimmed the first book in the series.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Keep in mind, I only skimmed the first book in the series.
    And yet you totally pegged it...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I've only read the recap that Jenny Trout (author) does on her blog. I think that's been linked here before.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

And now I will go back to staring at the Paula Deen implosion . . .

Oh, I meant to say working. Working, of course.

* staresatimplosion *

Miss Grok is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    LOL.

It's okay. I still chew over that book at random moments, trying to determine what exactly about it disturbed me so much. (Besides the relentless repetitions of oh my and my inner goddess and DOUBLE CRAP and that she's an idiot savant virgin sex goddess.) I know some of my discomfort was borne of the Extremely Damaged Little Boy Soul being played up as very attractive, and that it could be healed to some degree through BDSM sex. She's so bizarrely desperate to please this outrageously controlling man and maybe that just bugs me personally since I find Extremely Damaged Little Child Souls in adult forms more frightening than erotic. The most broken people I've met are black holes. You can pour all the love and time and sex and attention and affirmations that you want into them, and all you're doing is getting ripped apart by the tidal forces of their projected psychological malfunctions. They can't be fixed. You'll only break with them.
    When I tried, and failed, to read that travesty of a novel a friend suggested that every time Bella/Ana/whoever thought, "Oh my..." I should try to imagine George Takei saying it instead. It vastly improved the experience, though I still couldn't get more than a few chapters in.

I wonder if an audiobook version of Takei reading FSOG, would make it more palatable.
    "Fact is, we're the freaks, the misfit mutants surrounded by readily-available (and free) information about the evils of fat, the benefits of whole-grains etc. From an evolutionary point of view we're the weirdos with a short-life expectancy or we're trail-blazing a 'new' path." ~ AlanC

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    ^giggle^
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.