Page 613 of 704 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 7031

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 613

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just heard that DOMA was overturned, but it'll be some months yet, before they allow same-sex marriages in CA. At least it's a step in the right direction?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I just heard that DOMA was overturned, but it'll be some months yet, before they allow same-sex marriages in CA. At least it's a step in the right direction?
    Oh yes!

Legislation always takes time from the vote to the actual date of application.
    Expect WEDDINGS!!!
    Fabulous, fabulous weddings!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I almost cried to see Wendy Davis getting that back brace. She just kept on going.

One of my Sticky Panda Brothers and I used to fight about this issue, since he was firmly in the camp of 'babies are women's punishment for sex' and I was firmly in the camp of 'not any of my business what a woman does with her body'. We also fought over Clinton's impeachment and The Homos and Jews and pretty much everything else under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I almost cried to see Wendy Davis getting that back brace. She just kept on going.

One of my Sticky Panda Brothers and I used to fight about this issue, since he was firmly in the camp of 'babies are women's punishment for sex' and I was firmly in the camp of 'not any of my business what a woman does with her body'. We also fought over Clinton's impeachment and The Homos and Jews and pretty much everything else under the sun.
    Did you see that some angry white men fire bombed her office last night.

Also... My dear racist/bigot country brother once said to me in a "Choice" discussion... "Heartbeat to Heartbeat".

I said "Really? So, can I see your signed and notarized Advanced directive that states 'Do Not Resuscitate', is it filed with all local hospitals and authorities, and do you carry a copy at all times?"

He looked at me VERY blankly.

He also used the phrase "real legitimate 'BRUTAL' rape" with me once.
    I nearly had an aneurysm.
    Seriously.
    I was last year... until that day I had never told him I had been raped before.
    He got an ear full.
    Ass hat.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-26-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Cori, are we related? I think we share some similar relatives.

Mother Panda explained to me as a teenaged cub that a man forcing sex on a woman was okay if the woman had been teasing beforehand. At some point, men have a right to take what they want . . .

I just stared at her. NO. Once an individual (either one) says stop, IT STOPS. WTF, Mother?!? She's an absolutely brilliant woman but seriously missing some pieces.

Miss Grok is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    You dare to travel into the den of iniquity that is Blood Orchid's journal? You are a brave soul indeed.

At least for now, I have Internetz. So I can AT LAST answer these questions!
    Thank you, it does require courage but the video links are oh so naughty and rewarding.

Sorry to hear that you're battling fatigue thanks to your thyroid, but it sounds like you have a doctor that s actually helping you to work through it. I hope the medicine helps with your energy level and Q in the long run.

Keep us posted with your progress...and your delightfully witty stories
    "Fact is, we're the freaks, the misfit mutants surrounded by readily-available (and free) information about the evils of fat, the benefits of whole-grains etc. From an evolutionary point of view we're the weirdos with a short-life expectancy or we're trail-blazing a 'new' path." ~ AlanC

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Panda, darling... are you getting rid of blue light after sunset? Get those great amber safety glasses to wear!
    Is there NO LIGHT at ALL in your sleeping cave?
    Are you getting your daily "exercise" (let's say moving activities) early in the day?
    Are you avoiding all stimulants (coffee, black tea, cigs, Johnny Depp posters) after 3pm? (if yes, maybe noon?)
    Are you saving your starches for dinner only?

Have I bored you enough with the questions to put you to sleep?

I struggle with sleep, as my cortisol levels have been hideous. Getting that under some sort of control, and using herbs & supplements (as per my ND) to nudge things the right way, seems to be helping me somewhat.

I know you are doing a bunch of these things too... I hope for you that things normalize soon, and you start getting that sleep you NEEED!

Oh, and HELL-YES!! on today's news.

Mmmm- Johnny Depp posters . . . Crap- now I'm going to be up all night, too

I just read an interesting thing about why FSOG is considered a romance instead of a story of abuse. It's because for the target audience- stuff like that happened to them and was touted as romantic. You know, the stalking and the "can't keep his hands off even when she says no" stuff. And if you marry a man that does those things, you kind of have a vested interest in not seeing them as anything but romantic. It's twisted, but I am finally almost seeing where the fans might be coming from.

(I know, I know, I need to talk about more things than FSOG, but my brain is stuck on it for now.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

The FSOG audience is STUPID if it believe that is romantic instead of straight up creepy and twisted.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    The FSOG audience is STUPID if it believe that is romantic instead of straight up creepy and twisted.
    Well, I have noticed that everyone I've seen that likes it is on the less intelligent end of the scale, but . . .

Ok, I don't actually have an argument for that