Page 606 of 703 FirstFirst ... 106506556596604605606607608616656 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 606

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Brianna.... annoying twit

Shyler... because it was that era, and people named their kids things like that

Willfred. You know why.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Richard. Nothing good comes from a Richard.

Yes, my brother's name.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Every Rick I've ever known has deserved a karmic bitch slap. Same goes for Johnathan (yes, that's the spelling they have all used.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Thank you so much for all of these names! So far, Chapter 58 of The Zombies IV has been given a whiny woe-is-me Tiffany, a shouting Shawn, zombie boys named Matt and Chris who duke it out to the death, an obnoxious Natalie, an abrasive Tamera and unhelpful Clayton, and a sexist Derek. I'll see if I can't fit in some of those other names in a different chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Richard. Nothing good comes from a Richard.

Yes, my brother's name.
    LOL. I have an alcoholic Richard in Volume One.

All this "sexist salesman" stuff reminded me of a story:

I was in Orlando with my family at one point, at the ESPN Club in Downtown Disney. This college-age guy with a clipboard came up to my mother, trying to sell some sports TV package or other. My mother, who grew up in Boston and is a huge sports fan, said, "No thanks, we're happy with the package we have." The guy said, very condescending, "Don't you think you should ask your husband?" Oooooh, was that the wrong thing to say! Mom lit into him for probably 5 minutes. "Excuse me??? How dare you say something like that? I know more about sports than most men you'll ever meet ..." And on and on and on. She ended with, "And don't you ever. EVER. assume that just because someone is a woman, she doesn't watch sports. NEVER." By that point, the poor kid was trying to hide behind his clipboard, stammering out apologies and trying not to cry. I love my mother.
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

I am in love with lpeppersauce's mother!!! Hopefully it was the last time Mr. Poor Salesman used THAT tactic.

The biggest sports fan in the Panda Clan was Gramma Panda.

I asked Lady Friend for Sexist Salesmen stories and she recalled this gem:

She had bought a pair of windshield wipers for her truck and they were CRAP. Badly designed or poorly made, they just smeared the rain around rather than wipe it away. So she went back to the store to return them and the salesman said, "Are you sure there is something wrong with them? When it rains really hard, you have to turn them on FAST."

To which Lady Friend said, "Really? We're going to do this? You're going to treat me like I'm stupid?"
    He just spluttered. And she got better windshield wipers.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I had an on/off button for rear air conditioning fixed. When I got it they had not put the knob on correctly and when it was on off it still ran. I couldn't fix it myself. I took it back and my regular guy wasn't there. When I picked it up, they had not fixed it, just copied the correct page on the instruction manual and highlighted how to turn it on and off. I lost it and demanded the service manager. I then turned the van on and asked him to turn the back air off. The look on his face was priceless. Needless to say not only was it fixed, but the service man got an A** chewing because he never checked, just assumed I didn't know how to turn a knob!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Miss Grok is offline Junior Member
    Dear Gay Panda,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster, and I must say that you and Blood Orchid are the two journals I read religiously. I wanted to ask you how the Synthroid is treating you? Is it helping with the tiredness or Q?

(Wave to Lady friend!)
    "Fact is, we're the freaks, the misfit mutants surrounded by readily-available (and free) information about the evils of fat, the benefits of whole-grains etc. From an evolutionary point of view we're the weirdos with a short-life expectancy or we're trail-blazing a 'new' path." ~ AlanC

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."