Page 586 of 703 FirstFirst ... 86486536576584585586587588596636686 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 586

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ZOMG Cori is that you???

Shows how funny our brains are, putting imaginary faces to "voices" we read in forums. I was totally convinced you were blonde or a redhead.

BTW - v cute pic! Love the 'do.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    ZOMG Cori is that you???

Shows how funny our brains are, putting imaginary faces to "voices" we read in forums. I was totally convinced you were blonde or a redhead.

Yes... me.
    I'm actually naturally blonde... currently a redhead by choice.
    But I do funky crayola colors too!
    (Just for the last couple of years.)
    Because they make me happy, and I'm finding that making me happy and ignoring what the rest of the world thinks gets the best results for myself. It's good.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Because they make me happy, and I'm finding that making me happy and ignoring what the rest of the world thinks gets the best results for myself. It's good.
    Quoted for truth!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cori, love the hair - you're beautiful. I think maybe you posted some wedding pics once? So my image of you was something completely different.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Looks great! BTW you have great teeth and a lovely smile.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    ZOMG Cori is that you???

I thought you were a short blonde female who eats kittehs... lol I didn't expect the pic I saw, which is funny since I've browsed through your FB pic on occasion. Seriously, I thought you were blonde too.

GP, So sorry to hear about the poor little lambs.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Gay Panda can work it.

There isn’t a fashion alive that can make the panda look bad. Hawaiian? Easy. Faux woven tribal prints? Phhhtttt. Checkered shirts with striped shorts? Duckling, I’ve got this. I can wear every color and every style, and strut down the streets of the Magical Bamboo Forest like it is the catwalk to which I was born.

Did any of that not sound modest? The true question here is: why be modest? I’ve got it, so I flaunt it.* This is why paparazzi follow me everywhere, and I curse the fools who designed my house with a window in the shower. You would think that showering would be considered a private event, but somehow the architects saw into the future that a great big sexy panda would one day live in this house, and admirers would want to partake in the glory of bath time.** If you are in the area and have booked a show, let yourself through the gate and come around to the back of the house. Popcorn can be purchased for fifty cents a bag and please, no flash photography.

But early last week, no one was more stunned than Gay Panda to discover a look that cannot be worked, cannot be flaunted, and cannot be eliminated from the wardrobe. For the very first time in my life, I have gotten a cold that brought along a veritable cornucopia of cold sores. They are all over my lips and have utterly grossed me out for the last eight days. I want to pretend that primal makes me immune to lesser health complaints, but it does not. I do not even like to look in the mirror and see this infestation. My lips have burned and bumped and itched and cracked and leaked and crusted and throbbed with pain, transforming me into the Q-sized baby that I always turn into whenever the most remote matter goes wrong with the panda form.***

The Internet informed me that the natural solution was to rub coconut oil all over my lips, but I am afraid that the smell of coconut oil makes me yak. It appeared to be finally going away yesterday, and then this morning a new friend arrived. I gave in and emailed my doctor for some medication that keeps cold sores at bay and has the unfortunate side effect of making your kidneys explode. I will pick that up on Friday. Damn you for not being magical, primal. Damn you, cold, and damn you to the person who gave it to me.****

There. Whine concluded. For now.*****
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 04-03-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    UPDATE: (in explanation of *, **, ***, ****, *****, and ******)

* Should anyone (although I doubt it) just be joining this journal, I do NOT got it, I do NOT flaunt it, I CANNOT work it, and I live my life in pajamas and fuzzy socks. Don’t be alarmed at the ego bursting forth from these pages. It is all a lie.

** The reason I am writing this entry is precisely to avoid the shower, because I’m being lazy and am content in my body odor. I would describe it as a wonderfully rich and complex floral note that opens to broader aromas of bacon and cheese, with a touch of Cadbury egg.

*** Obviously, this journal does not flatter me. I should write, “I took it like my stalwart Viking forebears, who could have three arrows sticking out of their chests and still ride ten miles on horseback, drink a quart of ale, sing a variety of pirate chanteys, and goose a fair maiden/gent before succumbing to blood loss.” But the truth of the matter is, “I whined like a four-year-old to anyone who would listen.”

**** I’m looking at YOU, Whole Foods shopping cart handle. YOU.

***** Dammit, I finished this entry so I guess I have to shower now. No one loves a smelly panda.******

****** Dammit, I also forgot to mention that if you are reading the Rune series, the next one was released days ago while my face was bloody festering.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Ack. Poor Panda. Cold sores suck. I don't get them often, but when I do, I'm even more of a whingeybaby than you. WITH GOOD REASON.

Are you taking lysine to help fix it? Always works for me.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    There's a lip balm called Carmex that comes in mini jars and helps allieviate some of the discomfort with cold sores. Lysine helps too!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Debdoub is offline Member
    As soon as you feel one of those suckers coming on, hit it with tea tree oil. Every time it tingles, put on a bit more. Do your best not to ingest it but otherwise, keep dabbing it on. When I do this, it keeps it from turning into that festering mess as it shuts it down and dries it out. If I catch it soon enough, it goes away without being more than a small bump, never even a blister!

And I'm sure you can work anything you want to, even the "I need to hit the shower" look and smell.