Page 580 of 717 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630680 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 580

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    By the way, your Maine is beautiful!
    Thanks! She is, of course, Supreme Ruler of All She Surveys, and we are her minions. Even our Evil Nocturnal Poltergeist is her minion.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Because you can pee outside without people looking at you funny.
    Because you can see stars you don't see in civilization.
    Because you can go several days without bathing and that's ok.
    Because there are things that are inedible at home that taste divine outdoors. (We learned that about Dinty Moore the hard way. Ugh)
    Because you can abandon everything that you can't carry on your back or on your pack animal (if you have one) and live simply.

After 9 days in the back country with NOLS, I came back, took a looooovely shower, and I totally would have gone right back out again, if I could have.

I need to camp more often.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Winencandy's idea of camping:

Queen bed, AC, fridge/freezer, microwave, shower, toilet, etc
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    the closest i've been to actual camping is sleeping in backyards and cabins in woods

that said, nature is like a battery charger and i am the empty rechargeable battery

that's mostly why i doubt i'll ever live in cities
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Winencandy's idea of camping:

Queen bed, AC, fridge/freezer, microwave, shower, toilet, etc
    w0rd

In my Army Basic Training days, we had to do 4 or 5 days "in the field" where we slept in tents in sleeping bags and spent the day "manning our post", without showers. I was grateful to be placed on flag duty (lowering and folding the flag at the end of the duty day) b/c that required a daily shower and time out of the woods. My yearly 'field trip' sucked too... I don't do well in hot with no shower... maybe it would have been better if I was wearing shorts and t's instead of full battle rattle...

That being said, I enjoy camping with some modern amenties... Like in the pic above. DH and I used to "camp" every weekend with his parents - each pair in their own camper. We showered regularly at the shower-house, we slept indoors. I can't remember if our camper had AC or not - it was a 1970's model Ford Mini-Home with rotting wood that we bought off of his senior grandparents who needed money - I think we cut a hole in the side of it and inserted a window air conditioner unit, but I can't remember for sure - we didn't shower in it, either, b/c the water heater leaked horribly... also can't remember if the heat worked. We owned it for two years and at one point the fridge died. We replaced it with one of those big dorm fridges and supplemented with a "real" fridge outside the camper - we were parked at a permanent campground/site with yearly rates. It was classy, let me tell ya! We sold our camper and the spot after two years. MIL and FIL kept theirs for a long time, and we'd occasionally crash in their camper after we had kids, but kids and camping and rivers with fast paced currents are not a relaxing time... We plan to get a real camper in the future but it's years down the road for us yet.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Never been camping. Closest I've ever been was a no-tell motel in deep east Oklahoma.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    For all of you not-really campers: | MaryJanesFarm
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I "paid my dues" rough camping. Tenting as a child, teen, married with young children. Then we "moved up" to a tent trailer, and then an old trailer (no ac, no microwave, no shower) and finally two years ago we upgraded to the above photo.

Oh, I forgot, it has a built in stereo

I'm NOT going back to a tent!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Yup, I did tent camping, then communal cabins, and now single family cabins. I like in-door pluming and hot showers too. Although, I did make first class girscout based on camping!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There is fun in "real camping", but I don't want to do it for longer than a couple days. A vacation in a camper... that I can do for a week easily... not sure I really call it "camping"... to me it's more like a weekend getaway with a mobile hotel room. lol It's fun and I enjoy it and look forward to the day when we do it again. We used to do it every weekend.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)