Page 559 of 711 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609659 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 7107

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 559

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You can have all my woohoos too, Cori!

(Seems I won't be needing them for a while anyway. *Le sigh*)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    On the bright side... I found pretty much new ones at the bottom of the drawer that weren't getting worn that were smaller sized that FIT.
    And I have all sorts of space now.
    I also cleaned out another drawer and found some jeans with a shockingly lower # on the tag that went on... too snug for public still but it's not like I had to struggle with them, and they buttoned and everything JUST FINE.
    All the woohoos!

It was worth giving up the Baggy Butt Pajamas I think.
    WOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOO!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    After walking around the stock show for a day, I assure you, Cori, there is no such thing as too tight for public. o.O
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Hi there Gay Panda! *waves hand wildly* I've spent the last week lurking, reading through FABULOUS (well, reading GP's posts and skimming the rest - you're all very interesting, but 559 is a lot of pages!). I just finished late last night, so I blame you for my sleep deprivation today and the fact that my clean laundry is in a heap on the floor, unfolded. And now you're helping me waste time at work, which is always a noble pursuit. I figured now that I'm caught up, I'd stop being a lurker and actually say hi, and tell you that this is by far the most entertaining journal/blog I've read in a long time. I'm a huge fantasy/sci-fi fan, so your books are definitely on my list once I download the kindle app (I've resisted getting any type of e-reader so far. I like my paper books, goshdarnit!).

A quick note on an older topic (a couple months ago, maybe?): The Secret Circle books are far better than the TV show, and have a lot less of the parental confusion ("My dad is dead! My dad is evil! My mom is dead! My dad isn't my dad! Your dad is my dad! Mom killed Grandpa! Are you my mother?"). In fact, I'm a big fan of LJ Smith in general, especially her Night World series. My other favorite YA author is Richelle Mead and her Vampire Academy books. I have a soft spot for YA fantasy (and I'm very excited to read your series!). As for adult books, I highly recommend Jim Butcher's Dresden Files if you like urban fantasy. The first few are pretty good, but the later ones are fantastic. His swords-and-sorcery series, Codex Alera, is very good, too, and apparently came from a bet on a writer's forum that he couldn't write a successful book based to a lame idea. Butcher told him that, in fact, he could write a successful book based on two lame ideas of the challenger's choosing. The lame ideas he was given: lost Roman legion and Pokemon. The Pokemon part makes it a little hard to take the characters seriously (because you keep expecting them to say, "I choose you, Pikachu!"), but they're still good books.

Anyway, thanks for writing this journal and keeping a very bored engineer entertained at work (and sleep deprived)!
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the craziness lpeppersauce.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Hi lpeppersauce! Thanks for the reading recommendations. Like your avatar.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Thanks jenn and Sigi! And yes, Maleficent is by far the best Disney villain.

My Primal Journal

Debdoub is offline Member
    When my daughter was little, if you asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, she'd say "The Mistress of All Evil". Now that she is a teen, I think some days she is almost there.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debdoub View Post
    When my daughter was little, if you asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, she'd say "The Mistress of All Evil". Now that she is a teen, I think some days she is almost there.
    Awww!
    Best mommy moment ever.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I would get along very well with your daughter! And really, what little kid doesn't want to turn into a dragon?

My Primal Journal