Page 554 of 703 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604654 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 554

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Hey panda!
    I'm just getting into your thread here and with 500 plus posts to go I feel I will be reading for some time to come. I'm enjoying your brand of humor and find many of the posts here helpful and inspirational. Thanks! I'm sure I will have more to comment on once I catch up with the conversation.
    Cheers!
    Hi Primal Primate! Just jump in any time.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Right now I am having to be gracious and accepting* of my body, which apparently can only be pushed so far. The high fat helps tremendously in getting rid of bloat and very mildly with loss, but I hit a point on the scale that I cannot dip beneath. The scale has been retired for the time being to give me an emotional break. So I am exercising regularly (and keeping the fat high) since those things manage my depression better than medication ever did, and physically make me feel a little better. Primal has been lovely in stopping the relentless gain, but I may have other hormonal issues that are preventing loss.

* Most times I am gracious and accepting. Other times I wake up on the expletive side of the Magical Bamboo Forest.
    So awesome that you are feeling better, that is the main reason I do this too.
    Hope that nasty scale does move down again soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Hope that nasty scale does move down again soon though.
    It would be nice. I just have to accept that it might not, and this is as far as my body can go. But primal keeps me on the happier side of 200 and has eliminated several of my health issues; regular supplementation has helped clear up twenty years of uneven sleep and some mood swings. There just may be deeper problems that can't be fixed, and my health plan is notoriously unhelpful for weight troubles unless the solution is:

1. Slim Fast Meal Replacement Shakes.
    2. Bariatric Surgery.
    3. Health classes about Healthy Whole Grains.

Obviously, (1) is out on the grounds of EWGROSSBLEH and (2) is out on the grounds of not weighing enough to qualify for the surgery in the first place, not to mention I don't want to undergo surgery and the long-term results (as I understand them) are not very impressive. As to (3), I got into this state off healthy whole grains, and so those grains are going to stay the occasional restaurant treat and not be a daily staple.

So, High Fat and Long Walks to Primal Ke$ha it is! It may not help me lose, but it helps me stay stable.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    You keep walking wit Primal Ke$ha, Panda... she knows your feel.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

That's nearly as sick and sexified as Gay Panda's junior high school ID!!!

(I looked like a total tool.)

Just offered pasta.
    Said no.
    Offered pasta again.
    Said no.
    Offered pasta one more time in case my mind had changed in the last millisecond.
    Said no.

I would award myself a medal, but the secret to such admirable, stalwart no-no-nos is the simple fact that I HATE PASTA.

* would still accept a medal *

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    *fanfare of trumpets*

*flourish of banners*

* bows *

Now if I had been offered potatoes or a nice white chocolate truffle** . . . my fortitude would not have been nearly as impressive.

** And for those of you cringing at the thought of a white chocolate truffle, consider that this panda used to have a beloved cubhood dessert of lemon sherbet covered in hot marshmallow sauce.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I would never cringe at the thought of any kind of truffle!

Non-fat dairy, now that makes me cringe. Nonfat yogurt with fake sugar syrup stuff in it. ***Cringe***
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Non-fat dairy, now that makes me cringe. Nonfat yogurt with fake sugar syrup stuff in it. ***Cringe***
    BLEHHHHHH. I tried so hard to like non-fat dairy many years ago, but I failed. How I failed.