Page 534 of 715 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 7150

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 534

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I work with a man whose name is Ira. I'd never heard it before I met him.
    Does no-one remember Ira Gershwin? Most famous Ira ever!

I do think of old Jewish men when I hear the name though.

*sashays away singing "I Got Rhythm" to herself*
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Now that you say that, I do know who that is, but I never think of him!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Owly is offline Senior Member
    See, I knew there was a reason I liked you all. Gershwin references and people who know their Eliot? Awesomeness.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Stepfather is a jazz encyclopedia, so one name I remember him talking about is Ira Sullivan.

BTW, Owly, my FB post this morning was that when Peter Jackson finishes up the Hobbit trilogy, he's going to embark on a Red Wheelbarrow tetralogy...

I get all dark around my birthday most years and walk around quoting Prufrock and feeling sorry for myself. Then it passes. I listen to the Allman's Eat a Peach and unroll my trousers!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Stepfather is a jazz encyclopedia, so one name I remember him talking about is Ira Sullivan.

BTW, Owly, my FB post this morning was that when Peter Jackson finishes up the Hobbit trilogy, he's going to embark on a Red Wheelbarrow tetralogy...

I get all dark around my birthday most years and walk around quoting Prufrock and feeling sorry for myself. Then it passes. I listen to the Allman's Eat a Peach and unroll my trousers!
    Heh. My dad's a jazz fanatic. He has a huge enlargement of a portrait of Jellyroll Morton in his dining room.

Massive giggles over the Red Wheelbarrow.

And for you:

“If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post

So you're going to visit me for your birthday then...
    The quoting of Pufrock would be irresistible.

Then we could listen to the Allman's Eat a Peach and you could unroll your trousers and head home.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Best Author's Defense EVER

Upon being told that his/her work of art (currently being sold on Amazon) contained horrible misspellings, changed verb tenses within the same sentence, abdicated on punctuation altogether, and was completely incomprehensible, the author cried, "Hey, I'm not Tolkien!"

From now on, every time Lady Friend tells me that I need to flesh out a character more, or expand on a description, or delivers any sort of criticism concerning the molten gold that flows from my paws, I am going to squawk, "HEY, I'M NOT TOLKIEN!" and feel vindicated.

Love it.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i've got a long-time online friend who wants to be a writer and dabbled in book writing about 2 years ago and used me as sounding board/editor

i bet you make lady friend roll her eyes as much he did me
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Lady Friend rolls her eyes at me ALL THE TIME. Although it's usually because we're at the store together, and I'm moving my eyes pathetically between her and the cart to relay a silent message.

She also rolled her eyes when I asked for a catapult or trebuchet for Christmas. I even sent her links to a website where these things can be purchased.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    she rolled her eyes at that? you were being helpful by showing her where she can get it!

lady friend, how can gay panda go punkin chunkin without one?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.