Page 514 of 717 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 7164

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 514

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    On Apple computers, I have mentally referred to the clover symbol (on the Apple button next to the space bar) as a "squiggly" because I did not know what it was called for a long time. It doesn't look like a damn clover to me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    On Apple computers, I have mentally referred to the clover symbol (on the Apple button next to the space bar) as a "squiggly" because I did not know what it was called for a long time. It doesn't look like a damn clover to me.
    I always called it the "Apple key", because it tends to hide where the windows key does. The actual symbol was the "loop de loop."
    Last edited by naiadknight; 11-28-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I had a teacher in a graphic design class I took who called it the "splat key" because it looked like something had been, well, splatted. It was evocative enough that I've called it that ever since, which gets confusing if I actually say it out loud in conversation.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Even if this recipe for slow cooker Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Chicken turns out to be a fail on the palate, it makes the house smell fabulous.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Maybe it just hits close to home, because she is doing what I want to do, clean and clean until I am safe. Until I feel in control of my environment, even the parts you can only see through a microscope. And this is why I don't allow myself to do it, get lost in this particular never-ending loop of OCD, in the false relief kicked up by eradicating an enemy that wasn't truly threatening me.
    Ack. I have lost way too much time recently pondering how much bacteria is on the mouse, and on the keyboard, and on the not-oft-enough-laundered handtowel in the office bathroom, and on the door handles of the bathroom, and on the printer ... and on and on and on ...

And then I tell myself I shouldn't eat lunch at my desk because that's how the food bacteria gets on the mouse, and on the keyboard, and I wonder just how much of it is living there already now, and how I can subtly clean all this stuff in the office without looking like the OCD freak which I think my colleagues already suspect I am (though they are very kind). And then I look at my hands which I wash so often they are awfully dry (but I don't use handcream because it feels horrid and leaves greasy and no doubt germy gunk on my mouse and on my keyboard) and wonder if I wash them often enough. And on and on and on.

*sigh* Thank you GP for reminding me I'm not alone. It comes and goes in waves. Sometimes I can forget about it for a bit, but if I start thinking about it too much then I just feel grubby all the time.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    In the desperate search to solidify Panda's gender in my head, I googled Jack Spade (and was dismayed to see that the bags are marketed to the opposite gender to what I believe Panda to be - however the bag shown on the homepage looks very gender neutral and would work well for a woman) and was shocked that there is an option to "shop bags under $200". Wow... ok, let's click this little red x here and not look at that page...

Panda, as always, I love your stories.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yall do know that on Panda's blog, in the post on being gay, GP confirms gender, right?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Nope... never found it... and I went through and everything twice... what page?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I thought it was that post. S/he may have edited it. It may have been another one. S/he has inadvertently revealed gender, even if only briefly. It was in one of the posts about being gay, that much I remember. Mentions the gender s/he likes by title. If you want, PM me and I can give it away. Or you can dig it up yourself or keep the mystery. I'm not the one to reveal it openly.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think GP edited the sole slip-up shortly after posting it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.