Page 505 of 703 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 7028

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 505

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I used to know a woman in her 80s named Joanie. I think you're okay.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    2 of my great grandmother's were 'Katie' until 100 (one a few months shy of it, the other a few months shy of 101).

You are FINE!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Ah, here are some of the original descriptions:

Fairy of Debauchery: a blowsy blonde about six inches in height, who perches precariously on my shoulder shouting, “CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!” while waving about a mug of ale and munching on Twizzlers. She burps and swears and farts, sings and kicks her feet and spills food and drink down my shirt, and is of such joyous spirit that one cannot help but be drawn in to her gaiety. The Fairy of Debauchery has an IQ about a fifth of mine, and when I tried to reason with her about not buying the smiley face cupcake in the deli case several days ago, that cupcakes contain wheat and sugar and these things make me ill and swell to the size of Panada, she hiccupped with gusto and banged her mug of ale against my ear and shouted, “LET’S BUY TWO!”

Fairy of Resolve: a humorless (female) librarian, who has the emotional range of an Excel Spreadsheet.

Fairy of Remorse: a thin little no-nonsense man in a sensible business suit, who never loses his composure and whose legs are always crossed at the ankle.
    I always pictured the fairies as a set of say triplets. Remorse is the Eyore-ish sad one. Debauchery is the party animal. And Resolve is the Mom-type.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    The Crock-Pot claims to have made a stew! Who wants to come over to the Magical Bamboo Forest and be my guinea pig?

I'm looking at YOU, Lady Friend!!! Stop pretending to have a job!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Is it Guinea Pig Stew?

Thank you Owly and Cori. I spent so much of my youth (when few people took me seriously) saying, "It's Joan." It's a bit of a relief to be a tribal elder now and just go with the flow.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I was thinking it was Stone Soup, personally.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Is it Guinea Pig Stew?

Thank you Owly and Cori. I spent so much of my youth (when few people took me seriously) saying, "It's Joan." It's a bit of a relief to be a tribal elder now and just go with the flow.
    I like that. Go with the flow!

I'll forever be a 'Cori' (out of Melissa Coriander), so I qualify too.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

November 16th – Inspirational Moments

I allow myself to be me.

RESOLVE: Nice try.
    REMORSE: You’re complimenting Panda? Whatever for? Panda wasn’t even successful in getting on the treadmill yesterday!
    RESOLVE: Panda hid my affirmation list and got away with it for a few days. But I have it back now. And I’ve added a couple real doozies for the upcoming week.
    GAY PANDA: Hey, I got the trash out to the curb for exercise at least. That’s worthy of a compliment. And I cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom and created a Very Strange Stew. It wasn’t a total wash. This resolution is wonderful by the way! I allow myself to be me. Me is someone who doesn’t like exercise very much, but me will exercise today because me is also a creature driven by guilt.
    DEBAUCHERY: ME WANTS CHOCOLATE AND NACHOS AND JENSEN ACKLES AND CATHERINE ZETA-JONES ALL ON A PLATTER OF WHIPPED CREAM AND SPAGHETTI SAUCE TOGETHER!!!
    RESOLVE: Well, you’re still stuck in a doughnut, so we don’t have to listen to you. Get on the treadmill, Panda. And if you don’t, I open the box.
    GAY PANDA: NOT THE BOX!!! NOT THE BOX!!!
    REMORSE: That’s cold, Resolve.
    RESOLVE: I’m left with no other choice. Exercise or I open the Box o’ Writer’s Block, Panda. The choice is yours.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that Resolve really doesn't mess around when it comes to threats. Just the mention of that box sends shivers down my spine.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal