Page 49 of 703 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 49

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    UPDATE: (in explanation of *) Sometimes when I’m driving down a quiet country road, cows grazing on the hillsides and lovely striped clarkia all in bloom, the sun overhead in a clear blue sky and the world at total peace in this one spot, I ruin it for myself by starting to imagine what it will look like after the apocalypse. The fractured cow skeletons and craters in now bare hillsides, flowers the sorts of things one only finds in old books about the Before Time and the sky mottled reds with streaks of gritty smoke dripping ash down to the shattered cement of the road.

When she reads this in time, Lady Friend is going to say that this is a well-deserved karmic bitch slap. This is because whenever we drive past some bucolic masterpiece of nature that makes her sigh and relax and say that it’s beautiful, I inhale with pleasure like I’m enjoying it just as much and then say, “Wow, imagine a super-sized Wal-Mart right there!”

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Sorry I'm late to the party, it was a busy long weekend.

I've been averaging about 1-2 pound-lost per week. Mrs. Griffin read somewhere that 1-2 pounds/week of weight-loss is the most sustainable.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

wunderk8 is offline Junior Member
    Gay Panda I heart your journal!

I wish I had something to offer about weight loss but I don't really know what I weigh...I was weighed in at the beginning of my 90 day fitness challenge at Crossfit in August (when I started eating Primally) & will get my weight taken again at the end. Somehow I suspect I will not lose much - if any - and in fact might gain....but that's bc I am a person who easily fits into my high school prom dress (14 yrs later) but weighs ~20ish lbs more bc I was "skinny fat" then & am muscular now.

Also if Poo Hurler gives you any more trouble I'll hurl a fireball in his or her general direction

dickzark is offline Member
    sorry gay panda i have a problem with my key board it does not like to spell this for me or i have dislexic fingers which i think might be the case glad i could make you laugh

Quote Originally Posted by dickzark View Post
    sorry gay panda i have a problem with my key board it does not like to spell this for me or i have dislexic fingers which i think might be the case glad i could make you laugh
    It totally made me laugh. From now on when I'm feeling fat, I'm going to call myself Panada.

MrsPork is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for this...I am off to check out Atkins Induction like Lady Friend xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPork View Post
    Thanks for this...I am off to check out Atkins Induction like Lady Friend xoxo
    I really wanted primal to work for her, but her body responds to primal by maintaining. Her measurements did change some, and she went down a tiny amount of weight, and then it just stopped though she has a lot to lose. I don't know what damage twenty years of vegetarianism did to her (if any) but whatever the cause, primal is not the solution. (Not the solution for loss, but primal is FANTASTIC to keep her maintaining. She had been going up and up out of control before primal.)

So far, limiting her carbs to 20 a day solely from vegetables has gotten her weight moving again. Go over 20 and she stops losing, even if she's going over just on the carbs from vegetables. Gay Panda is not a scientist and can only guess that her insulin system is hyper sensitive and is always at the ready to shut down everything in the presence of carbs. So it's bare bones for veggie-loving Lady Friend.

She is thinking of cycling back and forth between induction and primal. October is induction, which is strict, and November will be primal. She will maintain her weight in November but get to eat a bigger variety of foods. December will be back to induction, and she will see if this is sustainable or helpful.

If you choose to do Atkins Induction, you might want to ignore what the book says about it being okay to chomp Atkins nutrition bars for snacks! Time after time, people in Atkins forums mention that these fake-sugar-whatever-the-hell-they-are bars and shakes keep them from losing and create cravings. Choose real foods just like you would for primal, not processed crap.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderk8 View Post
    Also if Poo Hurler gives you any more trouble I'll hurl a fireball in his or her general direction
    What time can you be here? She has spent almost all of today in her front yard cackling and talking (I don't know if her audience is real or imaginary) and I want to go to my mailbox and retrieve my latest Glee DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Sorry I'm late to the party, it was a busy long weekend.

I've been averaging about 1-2 pound-lost per week. Mrs. Griffin read somewhere that 1-2 pounds/week of weight-loss is the most sustainable.
    I knew you'd have some excuse, Griffin! Your rate of loss fits right in the middle.

Day 11 of Gay Panda's 30-Day Challenge

It's back on! After getting flattened by a flare-up of a horrid old neck injury, today I returned to the challenge.

A: Read. Dear Author of this Awful Book: there is NO NEED for "quiet graves". You see, unless you are writing horror, in which case graves might be noisy, it is assumed that graves are quiet because they are filled with dead people. I HATE THIS BOOK. It is so boring that I am giddy to find stupid things like quiet graves and happy smiles, because it wakes me up enough to keep slugging through four pages at a time. CHECK.

B: Exercise. Not today. Tomorrow we'll see what my neck can stand.

C: Agents. I printed a cover letter and sample chapters, tooled up the synopsis and printed it, made my SASE and have it all waiting on the table in a manila envelope to be mailed to New York. I will go to the post office later this week, so CHECK.

D: Floss. Just nasty. CHECK.