Page 488 of 715 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498538588 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 7148

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 488

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    When in Grocery Outlet the other day, I saw a package of "Beef Taco Flavored Yakisoba"

WTF
    I don't even know what that is, so I echo your WTF and I raise you a WTH.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Yakisoba is a Japanese noodle dish.

You can take fusion food too far.

You can’t spell November without no.

Well, considering the public high school that Gay Panda attended, you could. Gay Panda went to a terrible school. But upon careful examination of November, I conclude that my initial observations are correct. You can’t spell it without no. Or beer, which is also relevant to this post.*

I gave myself what seemed like an impossible challenge for October, to finish the editing of three books by Halloween. And I did it, finishing after midnight about nine hours ago. But this meant for October that I did very little else. There is a Donner Party CSA London Broil that has taken up permanent residence in my freezer, because I did not have the wherewithal for an Internet or cookbook search to figure out what the hell to do with it. I have ignored the scale and eaten meals made entirely of cheese. I visited the primal treadmill twice. I have pretended to not see a weird stain on the second shelf of my refrigerator. My attendance to primal was lackluster some days, in which a gluten-free pizza and salad could be ordered for delivery with less effort than a steak could be prepared. I had work to do, dammit! But now the work is done.**

November has to be made of different things. Tomorrow morning I will shop and say no to the crusty yellow potatoes and no to the chocolate bar, no to the raspberries and no to the nuts. No to the beer, the odd instances that I have it. Resolve has the Oscar and an Uzi, not to mention a briefcase full of spreadsheets. She will remember to Google London Broil (whatever it is) and to charge our Kindle so that I can watch Doctor Who while I walk on the primal treadmill. She will make me scrub that stain on the second shelf of the refrigerator. She will give the free pass of Thanksgiving but say no to the rest. And I have no excuses of work or something shiny distracting me.

I would like to make progress. It is frustrating (and very jealous-making) how some people can be fifty percent compliant and have the weight fall off, and I can be 100% and hit a plateau. But this is what it is. This is my body, and I have to work with what I’ve been given. There is no last-dietary-ditch-blowout for Halloween scheduled, although I am going to a lovely restaurant tonight and will share dessert with two other people. There isn’t any Halloween candy stashed in my house. My challenge will be store visits and controlling Debauchery, and getting myself away from the computer and to the treadmill. But the three lures of unedited books are gone (I’M DONE! I’M DONE!! I’M DONE!!!) and I like watching Doctor Who while I walk.

We welcome our armed-and-dangerous Fairy of Resolve overlord.

UPDATE: (in explanation of * and **)

* Or omen, which sounds so deliciously worrisome. Or venom, or oven, or . . .

** Work is never done, but it is vastly reduced.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    You and me both, Panda. I am trying to clean up my primal act before Debauchery's favorite season hits and I am smacked upside the head by a zillion holiday parties. Oh dear beloved Resolve, November belongs to you.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    What/where in Doctor Who will you be watching, in particular? I've never watched the original/older series (before #9), but just re-watched 9 and 10, and am working my way through season 1 of the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) again now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What/where in Doctor Who will you be watching, in particular? I've never watched the original/older series (before #9), but just re-watched 9 and 10, and am working my way through season 1 of the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) again now.
    I'm re-watching the Ninth Doctor. I really liked him and the 10th, but I'm still lukewarm about the 11th. But I'll take the 11th over the 1st any day. Stop giggling, man! Where is your dignity?! And I can't stand his screaming, sobbing granddaughter. Apparently, the actress who played her couldn't stand it either and left the show.

What was I thinking? I should have had Netflix send me The Worst Witch for Halloween. Tim Curry is hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    You and me both, Panda. I am trying to clean up my primal act before Debauchery's favorite season hits and I am smacked upside the head by a zillion holiday parties. Oh dear beloved Resolve, November belongs to you.
    All right, your name has been duly added to Resolve's List o' Whiplash for November.

1. Gay Panda
    2. Owly
    3. ?????

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    3. winencandy
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Resolve's November List o' Whiplash!!! (updated)

1. Gay Panda
    2. Owly
    3. Winencandy
    4. ???????