Page 487 of 704 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497537587 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 7031

Thread: Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS page 487

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was curious if The Secret Circle was a good book (I think it's a series?) that just didn't adapt well to television. The idea was interesting enough, but if I downed a shot for every time someone in the show said, "I knew your mom!" or "We have to bind the circle!" I'd be smashed by the third episode. I see why it got canned after the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Almighty LiLo can only do so much, let us say amen
    Say amen and hide your nice clothes.

One of her best lines will forever be these aren't my pants! I find myself casting through my memory for instances where I have been wearing pants belonging to another . . . and come up short. Nope. Always mine. Never a mix-up.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Well, when you grow up in a house with two siblings of the same gender as you, similar size and similar taste in clothes, it's something you end up saying not infrequently, especially when you try to go through the laundry basket in the dark.

However, I suspect that was not the situation for LiLo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I was curious if The Secret Circle was a good book (I think it's a series?) that just didn't adapt well to television. The idea was interesting enough, but if I downed a shot for every time someone in the show said, "I knew your mom!" or "We have to bind the circle!" I'd be smashed by the third episode. I see why it got canned after the first season.
    I never read the Circle books. Love the game idea, though. I get all my tv watching from the internet right now, so I'll pretty much give any show with supernatural leanings a try - even Teen Wolf which I love (I'm about 4 decades older than their target audience). I don't seem to be into zombies as much as a lot of people. Not sure why, but it might be the fashions.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I said "these aren't my pants" a LOT as a kid. Each kid had their own laundry basket for clean clothes (that never made it to the dressers), and they tended to overflow from one to the other quite frequently. I'd make it from the den (laundry area) up to the kitchen and get just enough light to see that those jeans are entirely too small, say that line, and go back down in the den to try again.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I never read the Circle books. Love the game idea, though. I get all my tv watching from the internet right now, so I'll pretty much give any show with supernatural leanings a try
    Maybe I'll pick up the first Circle book at the library and see - the characters were so one-note in the television series but it wouldn't be the first time a good book was made into a bad show. Practical Magic was an interesting example of that working the other way - adorable movie from a rather dull book.

Quote Originally Posted by Da9nd2ri3dge View Post
    I did not know.
    STOP TOYING WITH PANDA. You did not know WHAT?!?!?!?? WHAT?!!??!?!

Here, I'll make it easy for you, Da9nd2ri3dge. Just circle one of the answers below:

I did not know
    A) Panda was so damn FINE.
    B) Octomom has gone to rehab.
    C) Tomorrow is Halloween!!!
    D) Smashwords has The Sigils: Volume One for free.
    E) All of the above.

On a side note, Lady Friend had a moment of cognitive dissonance at a Chinese restaurant the other night because mariachi music was playing over the speakers.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    On a side note, Lady Friend had a moment of cognitive dissonance at a Chinese restaurant the other night because mariachi music was playing over the speakers.
    When in Grocery Outlet the other day, I saw a package of "Beef Taco Flavored Yakisoba"

WTF

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Now I need to watch Practical Magic.

*faux-huff*

THANKS.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Now I need to watch Practical Magic.

*faux-huff*

THANKS.
    *faux-snort*

YOU'RE WELCOME.

I'm the Halloween Scrooge on the block this year. Eye of the Storm will be dressing up Sauron and Shelob in little costumes to go trick-or-treating, and I just can't do it. I can't listen to these horrible dogs bark all year and then coo over what cute angels/devils/bumblebees they are on my porch.

Panda is going out to dinner far, far away tonight.